• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Who’s captain...... Mark Oxley

Who should be SUFC captain?

• Ben Coker

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • John White

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Simon Cox

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bart

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

bess30

First XI
Who do we think our captain will be this season? Oxley, turner, Coker or for me Sam Mantom, what we saying chaps

I'm always a bit dubious about having a goalkeeper as captain. Call me old fashioned, but I feel it should always be an outfield player. Either a midfielder or an attacking minded defender.

I'm always a bit dubious about having a goalkeeper as captain. Call me old fashioned, but I feel it should always be an outfield player. Either a midfielder or an attacking minded defender.
Yea I was just trying to narrow it down to a player that is guaranteed a start, fair point tho

In which case, from your list, I would like to see Coker wear the arm band, long time with the club, & fits the bill being passionate and a decent ambassador for our club both on and off the pitch.

In which case, from your list, I would like to see Coker wear the arm band, long time with the club, & fits the bill being passionate and a decent ambassador for our club both on and off the pitch.
I know that CP gave Coker the armband last season, but I thought his form was affected by the responsibility.

I think it will be Coker at least for the immediate future. Oxley, Turner, White and Cox were all options to CP last season and he chose Coker to lead, and the team did very well. I don't see why that would change. That's not to say I don't think White is THE ideal candidate and is a captain whether or not he has an armband.

Mantom could make a good captain. He's in the middle of the park, has a bit of steel about him which is a good characteristic to have in a leader but I'm not sure he would be made captain based on the seven or so games he played for us.

It will be Coker, defo not Mantom he’s only just joined and doesn’t seem that vocal, would like to see John White but Powell likes Cokes so it will be him

Back