• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Who’s captain...... Mark Oxley

Who should be SUFC captain?

• Ben Coker

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • John White

Votes: 26 25.5%
  • Michael Turner

Votes: 45 44.1%
  • Mark Oxley

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Simon Cox

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bart

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters
Sorry, I just don't agree with keepers as captain, and, yes, I know there have been plenty of successful ones, particularly at international level.

I know he's tall, but I don't think Peter Crouch's natural position is in goal. :Tumbleweed:

I wonder if it was something that was put into his contract to get him to sign, making Oxley captain?

Don't really mind who gets it, but never been a fan of a striker being captain. I prefer a defender as a rule, as they can see everything in front of them.

SOUTHEND United manager Chris Powell is not yet ready to announce the Shrimpers' skipper for the forthcoming season.

More...

So it won't be Coker then , or White. I would imagine they are the "one or two" players he needs to speak to first.

Oxley will probably get the nod , ahead of Turner or one of Powell's new signings.

I'm sure Oxley will do a good job but I still prefer a defender. Still, Mr Powell knows best. I just hope his form doesn't suffer as a result.

Great choice will be an excellent leader. Well done Ox

Delighted for the lad, he was under something serious pressure when he came in to replace DB and if we are honest, it was a slow start but after that he just kept getting better and better. He is a key player now, probably first name on the team sheet. Best of luck skip!

Back