• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

mrsblue

Banned
Ron or Phil or another??

In fairness to Phil he must have better contacts surely??

We know Ron went over previous managers and signed "veterans/injured/one last pay day types/....has he been involved with the current crop who fit the criteria?

Anton and Nile have hardly kicked a ball,it seems no other club wanted them,yet those in power sign them here.

Both players were so far behind match fitness was it any surprise to anyone they both were injured in double quick time,now they need to recover from their knocks and hey presto they both are still nowhere near match ready when their injuries heal,so the cycle begins again,another injury and back on the treatment table.

Hunt had a terrible record for several seasons before he joined us,true to form Noel spent most of his time here on the treatment table,I wasn't surprised,was anyone else.

Something really wrong somewhere.

Shaw/Brown identifies targets, Brown makes decision on which targets to pursue and Chief Exec/Chairman negotiate deal.

Having contacts doesn't mean much when it's clear we are rubbish and going into the transfer window hadn't won since March, what decent player with other offers would want to play for us? I think Ron does stick his nose in when we sign ex players but I doubt he gets involved usually, Brown just sets his sights far too high for what we can feasibily get. Honestly though I feel like (maybe goalkeeper aside) the squad isn't that bad, the tactics are just awful and don't suit the side we have, it's like Brown doesn't realise Barry Corr isn't here anymore.

Ron or Phil or another??

We know Ron went over previous managers and signed "veterans/injured/one last pay day types/....has he been involved with the current crop who fit the criteria?

Anton and Nile have hardly kicked a ball,it seems no other club wanted them,yet those in power sign them here.

Both players were so far behind match fitness was it any surprise to anyone they both were injured in double quick time,now they need to recover from their knocks and hey presto they both are still nowhere near match ready when their injuries heal,so the cycle begins again,another injury and back on the treatment table.

Hunt had a terrible record for several seasons before he joined us,true to form Noel spent most of his time here on the treatment table,I wasn't surprised,was anyone else.

You can add Eastwood, Harris and Freedman to that growing list of crops.

Interesting to see today that Scunthorpe have appointed a new HEAD OF RECRUITMENT !! Lee Turnbull. An experienced HEAD of recruitment, Hello Ron, Hello , a HEAD of RECRUITMENT, Ron, Ron

Gillingham Chairman, Paul Scully recently hoisted tons of praise on his HEAD of RECRUITMENT for a superb job in bringing in 12 good signings and paying no money for any of them , 5 from the Championsip and Premier. Whats that a really good HEAD of RECRUITMENT?

Having contacts doesn't mean much when it's clear we are rubbish and going into the transfer window hadn't won since March, what decent player with other offers would want to play for us? I think Ron does stick his nose in when we sign ex players but I doubt he gets involved usually, Brown just sets his sights far too high for what we can feasibily get. Honestly though I feel like (maybe goalkeeper aside) the squad isn't that bad, the tactics are just awful and don't suit the side we have, it's like Brown doesn't realise Barry Corr isn't here anymore.

Have you seen our midfield? How anyone can think thats a good midfield I have no idea. No creativity and not even solid anymore.

As for who signs players, Phil will identify targets and its down to the CEO to get the transfer completed with Rons input no doubt.

Ron Im sure had a say in Eastwood and Barnard coming back, but thats only the minority of signings.

Ron or Phil or another??

I said the same about hunt, previous seasons were a joke, people said its worth a gamble. I don't see that it is worth it, these gamble players you can bet are on the highest salary....it's not good for a club with little money, it blows our budget and goes wrong all the time.

Have you seen our midfield? How anyone can think thats a good midfield I have no idea. No creativity and not even solid anymore.

King is awful and should be dropped (so many attacks fail because of him) but Atkinson and Leonard are decent enough for this level but they are just completely useless thanks to our long ball tactics. McLaughlin if motivated is a good player, Timlin and Wordsworth when fit are league 1 quality. We need another winger (unless Kyprianou can play there), a keeper and to accept our team aren't going to win in the air so need the ball played to feet, our first 11 isn't that bad, it's not that different to what we had last season and they did alright before March.

As for who signs players, Phil will identify targets and its down to the CEO to get the transfer completed with Rons input no doubt.

Ron Im sure had a say in Eastwood and Barnard coming back, but thats only the minority of signings.

Cough * Degan *cough

King is awful and should be dropped (so many attacks fail because of him) but Atkinson and Leonard are decent enough for this level but they are just completely useless thanks to our long ball tactics. McLaughlin if motivated is a good player, Timlin and Wordsworth when fit are league 1 quality. We need another winger (unless Kyprianou can play there), a keeper and to accept our team aren't going to win in the air so need the ball played to feet, our first 11 isn't that bad, it's not that different to what we had last season and they did alright before March.

We dont play long ball tactics, we end up doing that because the midfielders we have do not have any ability to play the ball so run out of ideas. Same reason we see too many sideways and back passes.

Atkinson is industrious, Leonard can score goals if he gets forward enough but isnt creative.

Timlin is again a solid player and will benefit the team, but not creative.

Wordsworth is the only real creative player we have yet is never fit.

Out wide McLaughin had a good start goals wise and is meant to have a good delivery ,but again Im not seeing that we have anyone who can really act as a provider out wide.

Cough * Degan *cough

Indeed, always liked Deegan and his presence is missed in the physical side of things at least.

I wonder if Adam King had been watched before???year long loan and hey presto he features in every game(I explained the loan thing couple of years ago)

Once again we have a player who will never sign for us,yet our home grown contracted guys are binned...it stinks !

The scouting network or hmmm Mr Shaw or Phil's "huge" contact list have come up with Ranger and Ferdinand....really !....is that their best shot....then the Palace debacle top trumped them all.

Bizarre.

I wonder if Adam King had been watched before???year long loan and hey presto he features in every game(I explained the loan thing couple of years ago)

Once again we have a player who will never sign for us,yet our home grown contracted guys are binned...it stinks !

The scouting network or hmmm Mr Shaw or Phil's "huge" contact list have come up with Ranger and Ferdinand....really !....is that their best shot....then the Palace debacle top trumped them all.

Bizarre.

Pele breathes words of comfort
Seena just hides her eyes
Policeman taps his shades
Is that a Chevy 69?

Courtesy B. Bragg (note the last line):

If you ever have to go to Shoeburyness
Take the A road, the okay road that's the best
Go motorin' on the A13
If you're looking for a thrill that's new
Take in Fords, Dartford Tunnel and the river too
Go motorin' on the A13
It starts down in Wapping
There ain't no stopping
By-pass Barking and straight through Dagenham
Down to Grays Thurrock
And rather near Basildon
Pitsea, Thundersley, Hadleigh, Leigh-On-Sea,
Chalkwell, Prittlewell
Southend's the end.

Yes, Southend's the end. The end of several careers for superannuated former star players. We really do need to improve our recruitment, but who really wants to come to our beloved town and team...... we can't offer the attractions of many other towns and teams if we're honest. Our highly critical section of "fans" and the toxic atmosphere at Roots Hall are well known thanks to social media. Southend's the end....

Phil told the media he was still waiting on Hunt to possibly resign here,Noel went to Pompey and has repaid them with the following .

Minutes per game

goals......0

Phil still wanted this player:hilarious:

Nice one mrsblue.... this Philip ls a strange bloke, and loves the final payday wasters.

Like Barrett?

What about the likes of Goater, Prior, Edwards? They did ok, the final payday wasters.

Phil told the media he was still waiting on Hunt to possibly resign here,Noel went to Pompey and has repaid them with the following .

Minutes per game

goals......0

Phil still wanted this player:hilarious:

We offered him a pay as you play deal which is why did didnt re-sign. We werent exactly falling overselves to keep him.

Back