• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who and why?

CMRandall92

First XI
Even the most rose-tinted amongst us must accept we’ll be in League 2 next season.

So starting next month we begin preparing for it, if not already. Contract situation as I believe it to be based on the latest update in contract thread.

How would you deal with the below?

Don’t know enough about the academy and younger lads in first team squad (Clifford, Howard, Gard, Phillips) so won’t comment on them.

Transfer list: Oxley, Lennon
Release: Kiernan, Shaughnessy, Ridgewell, Milligan, Hyam, Cox, Theo, McLaughlin
Options taken: Elvis, White, Mantom, Dieng

Offer one year contracts to Sam Barratt, Richard Taylor, Michael Klass as squad backup

That would leave us needing to sign at least 10 first team players

Keen to hear everyone else’s thoughts on who, if any, you’d keep

GK:
Mark Oxley - 2021
Nathan Bishop - 2021 (option until 2022)

DEF:
Jason Demetriou - 2021 (option until 2022)
Rob Kiernan - 2020 (option until 2021)
Harry Lennon - 2021
Harry Kyprianou - 2021
Nathan Ralph - 2021 (option until 2022)
Elvis Bwomono - 2020 (option until 2021)
John White - 2020 (option until 2021)
Joe Shaughnessy - 2020 (option until 2021)
Liam Ridgewell - 2020 (option until 2021)
Rob Howard - 2020 (on loan at Dartford)
Tom Clifford - 2020
Richard Taylor - 2020

MID:
Mark Milligan 2020 (option until 2021)
Stephen McLaughlin - 2020
Sam Mantom - 2020 (option until 2021)
Timothee Dieng - 2020 (option until 2021)
Luke Hyam - 2020 (option until 2021)
Isaac Hutchinson - 2021
Ethan Hamilton (loan until 2020)
Sam Barratt - 2020
Lewis Gard - 2020
Michael Klass - 2020 (on loan at Bromley)
Harry Phillips - 2020
Layton Ndukwu (loan until 2020)

FWD:
Simon Cox - 2020
Theo Robinson - 2020 (on loan at Col Ewe)
Stephen Humphrys - 2021
Tom Hopper - 2021
Charlie Kelman - 2021
Brandon Goodship 2021 (option until 2022)

————————-

ACADEMY

Additional year offered to:

Emile Acquah
Eren Kinali
Zak Pianim
Harry Seaden
Miles Mitchell-Nelson (on work experience at Harlow)
Ide Udebhu-Osimeh
Terrell Egbri (on work experience at Harlow)
Sam Knock
Matthew Rush (on work experience at Harlow)
Stewart O’Shane
Jon Benton

If we can get a new goalkeeper, three new defenders and a defensive midfielder signed in Jan, it would be a start.

I'm not judging Sol yet, and I think we're almost definitely down, but if we don't improve post transfer window questions will rightly be asked.

Those I'd get rid of if possible, Kiernan, Lennon, Milligan, (easier said than done, but they've all seriously ****ed me off :Angry:).

Plus, Ndukwu and maybe Hamilton if we can get a better replacement on loan. Oxley seems surplass to requirements too, but who's going to match our wages? Maybe Cox too, he seems to have gone downhill badly this season.

Everyone out of contact except- Elvis , JW, SB keep the youngsters to fulfill their potential in a united team without a hostile home support ( minority) pay off Oxley get a no 1 keeper to help Nathan B being a lamb to the slaughter destroying his confidence by our so called defence and so called Blues fan Wiggy

Not sure why Sam Barrett deserves a new contract- he has been here 18 months and played about 10 mins, signed by Powell and it’s not like he has any pedigree at Lg1/2 level.

Not sure why Sam Barrett deserves a new contract- he has been here 18 months and played about 10 mins, signed by Powell and it’s not like he has any pedigree at Lg1/2 level.

A freak injury, still young and I imagine he’d come cheap. Not forgetting we’d be a league lower and we’re desperate for wide midfielders as it is - small risk for potentially a big reward

So, looking at that list there are many contracts up for renewal/discussion - which is good in my view.

My only anxiety for next season is that if we do not make changes and drastic ones at that then we could potentially fall from the league completely (as I think it’s a given we are going to be in L2 next season).

On a another note, people say “who would want to come and play at SUFC” - I think there are plenty of people that would like to play here or at any league club after all if they can be guaranteed a game each week it’s a perfect opportunity to put yourself in the shop window.

So, looking at that list there are many contracts up for renewal/discussion - which is good in my view.

My only anxiety for next season is that if we do not make changes and drastic ones at that then we could potentially fall from the league completely (as I think it’s a given we are going to be in L2 next season).

On a another note, people say “who would want to come and play at SUFC” - I think there are plenty of people that would like to play here or at any league club after all if they can be guaranteed a game each week it’s a perfect opportunity to put yourself in the shop window.
Always remembering that we are the Pound Shop and not Harrods.

Exactly.

Those advocating "binning the lot" don't seem to have a constructive alternative.

Always remembering that we are the Pound Shop and not Harrods.

Remember though Stuart - always a bargain to be found in the pound shop. Quality may not be a s good but the bargains are ?

I certainly don't say bin the lot, but there are quite a few I would let go.

Cox, Oxley, Milligan, Lennon (the ****), Shaughnessy, Ndukwu, Hamilton, Mantom, Hyam and Ridgewell (is he still here?).

I would like to see Bish stay. I think he has been in an impossible situation where he was pulled in as needed and the GK is only as good as the defense. I think we do need a new number 1 though. Same goes to Hutchy, Elvis, Goodship, Ralph and Taylor. In the right hands I think we have some talent there who would fight for the shirt.

I still have my doubts about Humps and Barrett. I think Humps is a very capable player who has just become unfit and lazy. Sorry to the hump fans.

I keep asking as well, Nobody is mentioning Theo !!!
Will he be back in January because I think Sol will like him and I think we could see a rejuvenated player under the new managements direction.

As I said elsewhere we play all five of the bottom six teams (excluding ourselves of course) in the next six matches. Then we are at Doncaster, but the first fixture in February is...... Lincoln, the team currently seventh from bottom. It would be hard to wish for an "easier" run of fixtures........ COYB for gawd's sake. Grasp this gift from the fixture computer!

Highly unlikely that they will of course but they couldn't ask for a better chance.

Transfer list: Cox, Shaughnessy, Theo
Release: Kiernan, Milligan, Hyam.

Keep the rest, and play Ndukwu please Sol.....

Interesting that Hyam and Nduku dont make the bench in last few games wonder if they are on the get rid list

Why would you get rid of McLaughlin? He's our most creative player and a true winger, something we're sadly lacking in?

This is what I'd do at the end of the season:

Keep: Bishop, Kyprianou, Ralph, Bwomono, White, Taylor, Howard, McLaughlin, Dieng, Hutchinson, Barratt, Gard, Goodship, Humphrys, Hopper, Kelman,

Transfer List: Oxley, Demetriou,

Release: Kiernan, Shaugnessy, Ridgewell, Clifford, Milligan, Mantom, Hyam, Klass, Phillips, Cox, Robinson

Send back: Hamilton, Ndukwu

Just out of interest OBL (and for others who say the same), Why release Theo ?

I would like to see what Sol can get him playing like. if he does go, you know he'll come back and haunt us.

Out of the two, I would rather lose Humphrys. Theo is so much quicker and he's work rate better.

Why would you get rid of McLaughlin? He's our most creative player and a true winger, something we're sadly lacking in?

Keep: Bishop, Kyprianou, Ralph, Bwomono, White, Taylor, Howard, McLaughlin, Dieng, Hutchinson, Barratt, Gard, Goodship, Humphrys, Hopper, Kelman,

Release: Kiernan, Shaugnessy, Ridgewell, Clifford, Milligan, Mantom, Hyam, Klass, Phillips, Cox, Robinson

Has Lennon been put in a special group on his own?
How about Entertainments Manager, The Fatling, Hornchurch?

Release the lot and start from scratch.
We tried that before and under Sturrock it took about 2 seasons before people felt a connection with the players again .....I remember the atmosphere was terrible at RH for a long while.
Would keep the young strikers ,but the midfield and defence need major surgery.
Incredible that we are here again looking at a league 2 season with hardly any settled players and our Chairman dodges the flack of the situation he has caused.

Its good to see amongst all the moaning we can have some fun with a fantasy thread where you can 'release' half your team in January. The problem is some on here might think this is real.

Rons was putting £200,000 per month in the club to stay a float. That figure will have to rise no doubt for November and December because of our lack of games

Who will pay off all these released players and the even bigger contracts for the new 'much better' players. To risk their career with a January move their agents will want well above the going rate.

L2 will be difficult for us next season but if we dont keep our heads and deal with the situation ( unlike our back 5 :Whistling:)......Then we will be joining Bury and Macclesfield instead of having a summer to get the right people in for a promotion challenge.

Back