• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who and why?

You could well be right. However, I’m not basing my judgement on stamina and fitness. More to do with the ability of working in a team, and not being a ****. Theo was never a great player, but he never fell into that category above. Same with Hump IMHO, who will thrive on a reshuffle in personnel, (again IMHO).

Actually, Hump & Theo could have been a relatively interesting partnership.

Don’t get me wrong, I think we need to look elsewhere other than Theo, as there is too much water under the bridge & he’s not getting any younger.

But from our current strikeforce, there are far more deserving of the axe than him.

Good reply. I can't argue with that mate :Thumbs up:

I'd keep Theo, he shouldn't be starting but he's a good plan B, especially against slower centre backs where we can play long balls for him to run on to. Yes he'll probably miss but at least it stretches the opposition defence and makes them uncomfortable.
Yes but surely we have a couple off youngsters could do the same thing except not miss quite as regularly and come cheaper

Yes but surely we have a couple off youngsters could do the same thing except not miss quite as regularly and come cheaper
Who? Anyone that has pace, good movement off the ball and the ability to score regularly whilst still a kid is going to be snapped up by a championship side for the potential. Acquah definitely wouldn't be able to fill that role.

Assuming league 2 status, and in a fantasy world where you can release who you want, and everyone you want to keep, wants to stay - I would look to retain:

Bishop (as second choice keeper).
White
Kyprianou
Taylor
Mantom
Hutchinson
Goodship
Hopper
Kelman or Rush

That isn't to say I don't rate the rest of them. Humphrys is clearly a good player but not what we need over 46 games in league 2. Others still have a league career in them, but as others have said before me, they've done their time here and a move elsewhere is best for both parties - even if they do go on to bag 20 a season. Sam Barratt is the one I can't comment on - I've never seen him play.

Who? Anyone that has pace, good movement off the ball and the ability to score regularly whilst still a kid is going to be snapped up by a championship side for the potential. Acquah definitely wouldn't be able to fill that role.
No Acquah given time could be the hold off striker as per MAF was ,but surely Kelman ,Rush or a.n.other could

We tried that before and under Sturrock it took about 2 seasons before people felt a connection with the players again .....I remember the atmosphere was terrible at RH for a long while.

The only thing that matters is putting together a team who can win football matches and challenge in League Two - that alone will build a connection with the fans regardless of whether or not it’s a completely new squad. All the supporters want is a team they can get behind and be proud of - we have every right to be thoroughly ASHAMED of this pathetic group of talentless bottlers and if they come down with us we’ll suffer back-to-back relegations and start 2021/22 in the National League....

Back