• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who are the most disliked teams in England?

Ricey

I’m a Mod, that’s unpossible⭐⭐
Staff member
After Chelski's exit in the Champions league it seems the only people upset are Chelsea fans. Just wondered what other teams out there are disliked by pretty much everyone apart from their own fans. MK Dons have got to be up there because of the way they came about?

I love it when people use names like Chelski, Man Ure and the like. Top Bantz.

And if Liverpool aren't one of the most despised teams in this country then we've failed as a nation and just hand everything over to Salmond. Independence? Have it all mate, we've ****ed this right up.

Why would anyone who doesn't support Chelsea be upset ? I'm not upset, I couldn't give a monkeys, but I dont hate Chelsea, I just don't support them.

I dont "hate" any club, hate is far too strong a word even for the likes of Colchester and Orient. I obviously want them to lose every game and actually get satisfaction from them losing and where possible getting relegated still.

I do however hold MK Dons in plenty of contempt.

Why would anyone who doesn't support Chelsea be upset ? I'm not upset, I couldn't give a monkeys, but I dont hate Chelsea, I just don't support them.

I dont "hate" any club, hate is far too strong a word even for the likes of Colchester and Orient. I obviously want them to lose every game and actually get satisfaction from them losing and where possible getting relegated still.

I never used the word hate I said dislike!

No you didnt, I must be obsessed with hate!

Dislike is slightly different, Id certainly allow Millwall to slip in there with MK Dons after sitting through 90 minutes of racism in the home end at the new Den....

Westham by far, always think they are owed something and don't stop going on about 1966 and how it was westham that won the World Cup for England, should be in the championship:smile:

Pretty much same here.

Manchester United deserve a mentioned if for no other reason other than the arrogance of their fans spoilt by years of success (not this season though). I do love it when meeting a new one so I can bring up that unforgettable 1-0 defeat they suffered at Roots Hall :winking:

Lighten up ESB my good man! That's such a non-story in the scheme of things. Imagine that, football fans referring to other teams with unflattering nicknames... what's to become of us!!!?

:omg:

And if Liverpool aren't one of the most despised teams in this country then we've failed as a nation and just hand everything over to Salmond. Independence? Have it all mate, we've ****ed this right up.

Looks like we have ****ed it right up then because Liverpool don't seem to be where you think they deserve to be. Most of what I've seen this season suggests they're a lot of neutral's preferred choice to win the League. Your points about Suarez and the club's support of him the other day made a fair bit of sense, but sadly football never has and probably never will take the moral route when it might injure results. It's always struck me that football fans will also stick by and protect their club and its players like they would their families - they might condemn them privately and tell them what they think, but publicly they'll back them to the hilt. If you're asking football supporters to be rational, thoughtful and unbiased, it's got nothing to do with Liverpool - it's just not happening any time soon. If they hadn't got behind Suarez, he'd only be doing what he does now for someone else and the only faces it would have spite would have been the Liverpool ones with missing noses.

As for Ricey's original question, surely it's not about the West Ham's of the world. Some of our supporters might hate them (inferiority complex!??) but isn't it about the MK Dons, Millwalls, Leedseseses of the game, along with the route-one merchants, game-destroyers, and anyone managed by Steve Evans?

In no particular order:-

Franchise
Chelski
Wet Spam
Ewes
Liverpool
Millwall
Leeds
Rotherham (only cos their `manager`)
Truro City (I`m a Falmouth Town fan)
Plymouth Argyle (fed up with the endless crap fed by our local daily)
QPR

probably more :winking:

Last edited:
For me it changes, for example, years ago Newcastle had a couple of managers, teams, style of play etc that were widely admired; and their fans had been through a long period of decline and so I, like many, quietly approved of them: but now I would happily see them go down with their ego owner, ego manager, phoney team and fans that have too often been poor.
Generally Richard T has it right about the Mancs, reds, but also, of late, the noisy neighbours too.

Lighten up ESB my good man! That's such a non-story in the scheme of things. Imagine that, football fans referring to other teams with unflattering nicknames... what's to become of us!!!?

:omg:

Looks like we have ****ed it right up then because Liverpool don't seem to be where you think they deserve to be. Most of what I've seen this season suggests they're a lot of neutral's preferred choice to win the League. Your points about Suarez and the club's support of him the other day made a fair bit of sense, but sadly football never has and probably never will take the moral route when it might injure results. It's always struck me that football fans will also stick by and protect their club and its players like they would their families - they might condemn them privately and tell them what they think, but publicly they'll back them to the hilt. If you're asking football supporters to be rational, thoughtful and unbiased, it's got nothing to do with Liverpool - it's just not happening any time soon. If they hadn't got behind Suarez, he'd only be doing what he does now for someone else and the only faces it would have spite would have been the Liverpool ones with missing noses.

As for Ricey's original question, surely it's not about the West Ham's of the world. Some of our supporters might hate them (inferiority complex!??) but isn't it about the MK Dons, Millwalls, Leedseseses of the game, along with the route-one merchants, game-destroyers, and anyone managed by Steve Evans?

The bit where you say 'most of what I've seen' is key. The media are shoving down our throats this idea that liverpool winning is the peoples choice. How fitting it'd be due to 25th anniversary of hillsborough etc etc etc

The media love a good yarn to each season and the proliferation of ex liverpool players in the media and punditry will undoubtedly propel that story.

Personally I don't really care who wins, but I don't like how LFC so publicly supported Suarez before and after the FA investigation.

Id also quite like liverpool to let it 'slip' just to see the tears fall down Stevie Gee's cheeks after his shooting gets even more desperate in the last few games.

This has all the hall marks of a depressed closet Man United fan to me.
Completely over the top and irrational.

The bit where you say 'most of what I've seen' is key. The media are shoving down our throats this idea that liverpool winning is the peoples choice. How fitting it'd be due to 25th anniversary of hillsborough etc etc etc

I don't think I've ever been one to take my opinion from what the media sicks up, any more than you do. I'm basing most of what I said on the 'out there' idea of having conversations with people and I stand by what I said. As for Stevie Gee crying... if there was a young German striker out there called Schadenfreude, you (closet) 'Man Ure' fans would be clamouring to sign him up!

:smile:

So anyway... we get that United fans hate the Scousers.

The OP's question was what other teams out there are disliked by pretty much everyone apart from their own fans?

I don't think I've been been one to take my opinion from what the media sicks up, any more than you do. I'm basing most of what I said on the 'out there' idea of having conversations with people and I stand by what I said. As for Stevie Gee crying... if there was a young German striker out there called Schadenfreude, you (closet) 'Man Ure' fans would be clamouring to sign him up!

:smile:

har har har!:smile:

point taken. I do think the media have been trying to sell the story of Liverpool winning being good for the league and the 'people's choice' - I think most people just like to see things being shaken up a bit.

Back