• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who are the passengers Maher is referring to?

We will see who hes referring to come Saturday, hopefully we can have 3 in midfield and 2 up top and if Arnold not fit get in an experienced GK on loan

Continually tactically inept, poor substitutions, too afraid to move from his beloved 5-2-3 after getting swamped in midfield most games.

The most frustrating thing is I believe we have rhe nucleus of a very good team, some fantastic players at this level at least. Sadly I think our manager is showing real signs of being very naive and possibly too big a job with his lack of experience as a manager

I think there are a lot who are scared of getting hurt and bottle tackles and blocks. Not good enough if they want to be pro footballers.

I fear how many goals will be scored by wrexham should we not have an experienced GK come saturday . NDI confidence now must be at a very low point., Seems Wrexham of late are scoring goals for fun.

watching the manager against Torquay he seemed to be losing it with some players - screaming at them - notably Clifford ...

For me the worry was that I could see no sign of a considered and thought out tactical response being communicated to the team.

And tonight no sign of the team being responsive to leadership from the management ..
maybe getting the game slowed right down and midfield re-inforced ... surely JD would have been good to get out there

and the post match comments seem a little hot headed too

Continually tactically inept, poor substitutions, too afraid to move from his beloved 5-2-3 after getting swamped in midfield most games.

The most frustrating thing is I believe we have rhe nucleus of a very good team, some fantastic players at this level at least. Sadly I think our manager is showing real signs of being very naive and possibly too big a job with his lack of experience as a manager
He hasn’t been playing 5-2-3 and which extra midfielder do you want him to bring on? Husin and Taylor are both injured. He brought Coker on at Eastleigh and that didn’t strengthen the midfield.

Last season when we did actually play 3-4-3 he regularly switched mid-game to 3-5-2.

watching the manager against Torquay he seemed to be losing it with some players - screaming at them - notably Clifford ...

For me the worry was that I could see no sign of a considered and thought out tactical response being communicated to the team.

And tonight no sign of the team being responsive to leadership from the management ..
maybe getting the game slowed right down and midfield re-inforced ... surely JD would have been good to get out there

and the post match comments seem a little hot headed too
If he'd stood still arms folded he would have been accused of lacking PASSION.

Clifford was poor at the end of last season, he's been targeted pretty much every game he's played this. He's gone backwards since that injury he had last season and he's definitely a weak link.

I don't understand how Jack Bridge had a hugely impressive game last time out in that position - or slightly more advanced - and then gets benched again in favour of him.

Fonguck seems to be too inconsistent and I hope Noor is back soon.

I was saying to a mate of mine after the Eastleigh game that Maher seems to be more chilled as a manager... And here we are!

I'm all for it! No ****ing passengers! Pull your weight or get the **** off!

Team needs a shake up big time

I like the comments. This isn’t the first time this season we’ve lost in disappointing fashion and I imagine on those occasions they’ve kept it in house. However there comes a point where the squad need a rocket up their arses and this was that moment.

We are far too nice to play against and that comes down to the players mentality, how much they want to win, bodies on the line etc.

I like the way he refers to the journey as though it is happening and will happen 100% but if you’re not up to the task then don’t come along.

8615DEFC-383A-4B05-8177-2ECE6F9F58F2.jpeg

Can you imagine when he was captain in the dressing room after a defeat like that.

Absolute winner.

Clifford was poor at the end of last season, he's been targeted pretty much every game he's played this. He's gone backwards since that injury he had last season and he's definitely a weak link.

I don't understand how Jack Bridge had a hugely impressive game last time out in that position - or slightly more advanced - and then gets benched again in favour of him.

Fonguck seems to be too inconsistent and I hope Noor is back soon.
I stated this about Clifford, as did many others. Those people were accused of 'scapegoating' the player. It's not scapegoating if the facts are there. When the Boreham Wood manager came out post match and actually said they targeted Clifford, you know you're in trouble. Every team has targeted that side of the pitch thereafter.

Of course you can't blame losses on one player but if you're going into a fight with one arm tied behind your back, it's massively hindering your chances. You're on the back foot from the get go.

There is no point playing a wingback if they are ineffective going forward. King showed last night how it should be done. You have to push your opponent into their own half. If you can't do this, or the opposition is too good, play a different system to accommodate. I don't blame Clifford for this. That fault lies with the manager in this instance. If we are to remain with the back 5 (we will) Demi has to play there until Ralph is back imo.

This leads me onto the manager. I do feel he has been rather naive in a few games during his tenure thus far. He got schooled in every game against daggers last season, which stood out to me. You'll forgive those games because it wasn't his team. However, two away games this season, against Eastleigh and Chesterfield, he has looked inept tactically, specifically when he's needed to change it during the game. I've said so many times about being overrun in midfield before a ball is kicked and yet we go into games with the exact same formation and tactics. During the game last night, I said I hope we don't keep the 5 at the back against ten men as the extra CB was pointless. We needed that extra man in midfield. We simply invited pressure. The problem is, we are inviting pressure from the first minute in most games by being overrun in midfield. We didn't experience this against Maidenhead because they weren't very good, let's be fair. Overall though, it's not been great.

I do fear that we have a manager and group of young players all trying to learn their trade on the job, while trying to be successful. No easy task. Let's hope they get on top of it.

Hopefully himself, should have never been manager, Currie should’ve got the job, Maher may have all the chat but that doesn’t win you football matches!!

Always negative formations, 5 at the back against the likes of Eastleigh, Maidenhead & Torquay should realise by now Clifford is not a LWB unfortunately for him his a LB only.

MAHER OUT!!

Respectfully to Clifford, I like him but he isn't a LWB so if he is punished for being played out of position, I think that's unfair.

Hopefully himself, should have never been manager, Currie should’ve got the job, Maher may have all the chat but that doesn’t win you football matches!!

Always negative formations, 5 at the back against the likes of Eastleigh, Maidenhead & Torquay should realise by now Clifford is not a LWB unfortunately for him his a LB only.

MAHER OUT!!
lol

Reactions: GBJ
Back