• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

buffalowolf

Director
I was incensed to read that a certain Roy Donaughie and Ipshite say we are punching above our weight.What right have they except freedom of speech, wasnt it just a few short years ago Swansea were gighting relegation from the 2nd division into the conference.I bet their supporters then were dreaming of what could be,i bet more than one person in Wales was saying " wales should have a team in premiership" ,well guess what they look like getting a second one now in Cardiff.Why cant we live the dream its not impossible, yes it would take a lot to get their, firstly a new stadium! we have the catchment area, Give us a new Stadium , a decent team and supporters will follow. Even those that go to watch the likes of West Spam, Tottenham and Arsenal, Chelski from Southend will become converts in time.also a new Stadium ,decent team and playing style ,higher division will entice new backers. ESSEX like WALES should have a premiership club.If many of you dream the dream then its time for all those not supporting the club becoz of where they are too start supporting , then and only then can all this eventuate.But it is a realistic dream and at present My club is punching below its weight , so up yours IPSHITE AND ROY DONAUGHIE!
:angry:

Ipshite will be relegated this season, that will wipe the smile of their arrogant little mugs.

Meeting up with a Leeds supporting mate on Sat for a drink. Am certainly no fan of Leeds but looking forward to a bit of tractor baiting at Portman Road, last time I went there was for our 2-0 win a few seasons back which has to be one of my most enjoyable SUFC days ever.

Give us a new Stadium , a decent team and supporters will follow.

so up yours IPSHITE AND ROY DONAUGHIE!
:angry:

A few points on the comments made. Firstly, if you say we need a new stadium and a decent team, then that suggests we are NOT punching below our weight.

Secondly, I don't know where Ipswich come into this at all.

Finally, it's Roy McDonough and lets just say thank god you live in Australia (??).

I listened to his interview some time back ,talking about the book he wrote on his exploits, yes he was a hard man ,but to say Southend are punching above their weight in my eyes is not true.Southend are a club thats well supported ,have great fans and deserve and should be in a higher division.

JAI , the day that happens i will turn my back on football,as much as i love my club,if that happened and i had no club left ,truly i would be saying "GO THE CATS"
, thats Geelong in Australian rules football.
Makes you see why so many people hate some of these Premier league teams.

Amusingly, I attempted to pull McDonough up about this on Twitter, to which I got a curt response. It was the bravest thing I've ever done, and when I tell the kids about it, I'll probably say he **** out...

Roy does actually tweet that "Blues have always had big potential. 30k going to Wembley says it all".

Back