• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who Didn't Make It Into Work Today?

londonblue

Topgun Pilot
I didn't. I got to the nursery to drop my son off only for it to be closed. The nursery is at the top of a hill, and my car nearly didn't make it. Thankfully my wife works nearby so I popped in and took her 4x4 home.

I can usually work from home, but it seems too many people are trying to do the same thing, so the system is at meltdown. Ho hum, no work for me...

I didnt. Didnt even attempt to leave the house either, as Mr Vange Shrimper told me school was shut on his way to work when he heard it on the radio. Hopefully it'll be closed tomorrow as I can catch up with my work!

Haha - I can say that I added to that by one person! Hate the cretins that they have on their though. Loving the official UK snow day. Plus the fact it's coming down out there too.

I could've struggled in but what's the point when there is more snow on the way meaning I will have to sleep at my desk - no thanks!

I attempted to, gave up. Caught up with my emails from last week. The uni is now closed :D wonder if they will keep it closed tomorrow too. Tho if it is I may have some angry students who want money!

Our University closed up today as well... Not that it matters as I have no lectures for another 2 weeks. But still, what i'm going to do is, next time it snows, rains or is a little bit windy, I'm not going to come in because of the "adverse weather conditions".

You told me you normally Sky+ JK...incase you miss it.

Only because I still haven't seen your legendary appearance on the "My great grandfather begged my fiance for sex before running off with his gay best friend when I was in hospital" lie detector results special extended show.

:cricko:

I didn't. I got to the nursery to drop my son off only for it to be closed. The nursery is at the top of a hill, and my car nearly didn't make it. Thankfully my wife works nearby so I popped in and took her 4x4 home.

I can usually work from home, but it seems too many people are trying to do the same thing, so the system is at meltdown. Ho hum, no work for me...

A 4x4? Coupled with your flying activity, this makes your carbon footprint bigger than Shaq's Size 23s. Well done sir.

I realised quite early that the snow was going to cause a lot of disruption so I went and stripped Somerfield of bread, milk and candles before the old people started panic buying.

The old dear down my road will be ok anyway because there are loads of bottles of milk outside her house.

The old dear down my road will be ok anyway because there are loads of bottles of milk outside her house.

Top quality as usual Cyril :D :D

No wonder this country is going to the dogs though .. a little bit of snow and the whole country seems to grind to a halt :madman:

Top quality as usual Cyril :D :D

No wonder this country is going to the dogs though .. a little bit of snow and the whole country seems to grind to a halt :madman:

Absolutely, it's not as if it wasn't forecast FFS. There were no signs of any gritting lorries in Castle Point.

And as for London, one of the most modern and biggest cities in the world and they couldn't run a ****ing bus service. ****ing Hitler didn't achieve that "honour".

Absolutely, it's not as if it wasn't forecast FFS. There were no signs of any gritting lorries in Castle Point.

And as for London, one of the most modern and biggest cities in the world and they couldn't run a ****ing bus service.

Calm down Harry, you'll give yourself a heart attack !!!!!!!

Quite calm mate, I just can't understand how our benevolent councils, politicians and transport providers can be such an unadultered bunch of inefficient *****.

*Takes deep breath* *Remembers to exhale*

Scrub what i said earlier mate ... i've just had a hissy fit of my own on the "employers" thread :'( :doh:

Back