• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who do we keep? NEW VOTE

Which players should we KEEP

• Total voters
How intelligent to slag off players on here when we have one game left to save ourselves. I’m sure Turner, Kightly and Dieng will give 100% after reading this NOT

How intelligent to slag off players on here when we have one game left to save ourselves. I’m sure Turner, Kightly and Dieng will give 100% after reading this NOT

Hoping not to see Kightly or Dieng in the team.

The good thing about Hopper's injury is it looks as though he'll be out until September, he should be quality in League Two and we'll at least have him to January.

In an ideal world the only players I'd keep are: Bishop, Bwomono, Barratt, Yearwood, Cox, Humphrys, Hopper, Wabo, Kelman, Hutchinson. I'd also keep Theo.
Sadly can't see Yearwood or Cox being here next season.

Get rid/replace: Head of recruitment, fitness coaches, Bond
Once you've done that then we can start on the players.
Need a complete overhaul on both the playing and non-playing side.

The good thing about Hopper's injury is it looks as though he'll be out until September, he should be quality in League Two and we'll at least have him to January.

In an ideal world the only players I'd keep are: Bishop, Bwomono, Barratt, Yearwood, Cox, Humphrys, Hopper, Wabo, Kelman, Hutchinson. I'd also keep Theo.
Sadly can't see Yearwood or Cox being here next season.
Spoke to Hopper last home game as was in box he said he's back for pre-season.

With Ron announcing the new manager by Friday, which of the out of contract players do we keep?

Ben Coker - if the price is right, yes. But - given previous offer turned down, and putting himself in the shop window, not sure if he wants to stay anyway. Question is, would you prefer to keep Hendrie?

Michael Turner - can do a job for us, but as a back up not first choice.

Amadou Ba - release. Could be a good option for a league 2 or Conference club.

Michael Klass - no sure. Thoughts?

Ted Smith - looks like 3rd choice. Good goalkeeper, but for his own development I would let him go.

Sam Barratt - didn't see enough of him before his injury, so can't tell. Maybe he would help bring the midfield balance we need?

Stephen Hendrie - if Ben is going, and if there is no prospect of getting Sam Hart back, we need to keep Hendrie in my humble opinion. Decent squad player, so my inclination would be to keep him.

John White - definately keep! Decent squad player, hard worker, and one of those players you normally take for granted and you would massively miss if he isn't there.

I would also be having conversations with the following:

Kightly- if he plays as he did in the last 3-4 games of the season then keep. But, is he too expensive or not committed/ fit enough?
Macca - I like Macca, but got the feeling he wasn't happy last season, and was certainly out of form / favour with SCP. Again, if happier with a new manager, then I would keep him.
Dieng - difficult one. He is either brilliant or terrible - no middle ground!
Theo - I personally would like him to stay, but think it would be the right thing to do if he wants to stay at Swindon.

Hi @ms brush - we did do a thread on this about a month ago, with a poll too. It’s a good thing to return to the debate but would you mind if I merge this with that thread and poll?

I don’t think we’ll actually have sealed the deal with anyone by Friday. We’ll just say discussions are ongoing

I think Hendrie, Ba, Turner, Klass, Smith + all the youths go. We remain in talks with Coker, Barratt and White

I’m torn on Turner. It depends how serious we are about putting together a serious push for the Play Offs. He still has something to offer if he plays in a 3 and has legs either side of him but I don’t think you get promoted with Michael Turner in the team in 2020

I don’t think we’ll actually have sealed the deal with anyone by Friday. We’ll just say discussions are ongoing

I think Hendrie, Ba, Turner, Klass, Smith + all the youths go. We remain in talks with Coker, Barratt and White

I’m torn on Turner. It depends how serious we are about putting together a serious push for the Play Offs. He still has something to offer if he plays in a 3 and has legs either side of him but I don’t think you get promoted with Michael Turner in the team in 2020

My understanding was that Michael Turner wanted to retire last year but was cajoled into ‘one more season’ by Powell and has been pretty adamant the season just gone would be his last. We will see of course.

Shall we keep the poll as is or reframe it and ask people to vote again? I can do that and keep the rest of the thread
I've re-voted - I was very angry when last voted, hence chose all of them except Cox obvs! How things change in 3 weeks:Hilarious:

I would keep Klass and Smith, but the others can go

Back