• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who do we keep? NEW VOTE

Which players should we KEEP

• Total voters
I would keep Klass and Smith, but the others can go

I was surprised enough we kept Smith last season to be honest. I'd be pretty astounded if he got another new deal without a league appearance and the emergence of Bishop

I'm obviously referring to the youths out of contract. Norman Wabo, Lewis Gard, Josh Bexon, Tom Clifford, Harry Phillips and Renei Batlokwa

You obviously must have seen a lot more of them than me, but what's your thinking behind binning Gard and Clifford?

I'm looking at the votes and I do wonder whether some of our supporters actually understand football. I cannot believe that some people have actually voted to get rid of Bwomono, Cox, Humphrys and Hopper?! Hahaha! Unbelievable.

I'm looking at the votes and I do wonder whether some of our supporters actually understand football. I cannot believe that some people have actually voted to get rid of Bwomono, Cox, Humphrys and Hopper?! Hahaha! Unbelievable.

It's because the poll is set up badly. It says Question-Who do we keep?.......Then underneath it says... Which players should we TRY to offload?

So some are answering the first question, and some the second.

It’s because the thread was when we all thought we would be relegated. I did ask if we should change the poll! Shall we restart the poll based on the thread question?

I was surprised enough we kept Smith last season to be honest. I'd be pretty astounded if he got another new deal without a league appearance and the emergence of Bishop

Smith is still young and was coming back from a long injury, which is why Bishop was ahead of him, but he's still an excellent prospect.

IMO it will be a huge mistake to release Smith. Worse case, get him signed and loan him out for a little while.

Smith is still young and was coming back from a long injury, which is why Bishop was ahead of him, but he's still an excellent prospect.

IMO it will be a huge mistake to release Smith. Worse case, get him signed and loan him out for a little while.

Smith is, what, 23 or 24 now? He's had serious injuries which have meant he's hardly played in the last two seasons. If Oxley stays, then he goes, simple as.

Bexon coming up behind him and Bishop is then worth keeping as 3rd choice. I've seen a few youth games and would keep Gard, Clifford and Phillips at this time. Of those more on the fringe, definitely keep Hutchinson and Kelman, and would be tempted by Klass and Ba.

Smith is, what, 23 or 24 now? He's had serious injuries which have meant he's hardly played in the last two seasons. If Oxley stays, then he goes, simple as.

Bexon coming up behind him and Bishop is then worth keeping as 3rd choice. I've seen a few youth games and would keep Gard, Clifford and Phillips at this time. Of those more on the fringe, definitely keep Hutchinson and Kelman, and would be tempted by Klass and Ba.

Which is why I didn't agree with Oxley being given a 3 year deal.

Those other keepers you mention aren't ready yet and who knows how they will turn out.

Still think it'll be a mistake to release Smith, but hope I'm wrong about that, if he does.

I think most that can be released will be. That may seem harsh on the likes of Ted but any new manger will want a decent budget to bring in his own players

Wouldn’t mind betting that that is the hold up rather than say Bonds personal wage.

Interesting how much people have changed their minds on Bond coz of one game.
Personally I wouldn't be against selling Oxley and keeping Smith and Bishop. I still think Smith will be a player but maybe needs a season long loan somewhere

Bishop isn't ready to be Number 1 just yet. Ted Smith won't realise his potential without regular football. With other promising young keepers coming through, sadly I would release him. More for his own benefit really.

I do actually agree with quite a lot of what you say here,OBL
But,where we differ: Smith,sadly,has to go—Bishop already showed enough to be a deputy for Oxley if necessary.Definitely no room for Bexon as we have an outstanding younger prospect in Seadon.
The first 5 outfield youngsters you name+Aquah are all highly promising tho I’m far from convinced about Klass and totally unconvinced about Ba.

Back