• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who do we keep? NEW VOTE

Which players should we KEEP

• Total voters

Shrimper95

Coach⭐
Simple question, who would you keep and who would you say goodbye to if we’re in League Two next season?

The way this team has been playing I'd scrap the lot apart from Cox and the youngsters and start again, and get rid of Bond too whilst we are at it, all we have now is a bunch or injury ridden players and players who are only here for the paycheck who have no pride or fight in them. I've seen more fight in a 100-1 outsider at Ascot with a gammy leg.

Yet it's Cox who we need to keep most, and he is likely to have offers from lots of clubs in far better positions than us. Simon has been the one player who has been amazing all season, and really does not deserve to be part of a very poor relegated side.

Goalkeepers
Oxley and Bishop are contracted to 2021. Smith's contract is up at the end of the season, but with an option to extend. Personally, I don't think we should extend and use wages somewhere else.

Defenders
Demetriou has shown to be a very good player at League 1 and think we should keep him unless his wages are big. Bwomono has been decent and will be good to have as a backup or potential starter next season. Coker and Hendrie both have contracts up in the summer. If we go down, I'd be tempted to let both leave as can imagine they are on a big wage. Kyprianou, Kiernan and Lennon are contracted beyond next season and can't see them leaving. White and Turner are up this summer and wouldn't be upset to see either of them leave.

Midfielders
We've been so weak here, but a lot still have another year to run. If McLaughlin, Kightly, Mantom, Dieng and Hyam are on big wages then I'd be happy to see them move on. Yearwood needs to have a midfield partner to allow him to freely attack. Barratt was unlucky and we should extend his contract. Hutchinson could have a break through next season. Other youngsters like Klass, Batlokwa and Phillips .... meh.

Strikers
In league 1 having Cox, Humphrys and Hopper available would be a very good attack (if fit for most the season). In league 2 in should be great. The decision is the backups, Kelman and Acquah are both young and very raw. Wabo has barely played. Ba hasn't played at all. Robinson probably doesn't want to come back after a good spell at Swindon.

The midfield worries me.

Depends, I suspect that some players have relegation clauses in their contract?

It’s not gonna be simple. We have big earners here and we don’t have many out of contract. There could be very dark days ahead again if we go down. Do you think we’d have been smart enough to put relegation release clauses in these deals?

People voting for Cox hahaha. Cox and Hopper are the only two players who can leave with their heads held high to a League One club queuing up to sign them.

Kightly has to go because he’s not very good and on big money.

Kiernan, Hyam and Oxley are decent enough but on too big money and far too injury prone to justify it for League 2.

People voting for Cox hahaha. Cox and Hopper are the only two players who can leave with their heads held high to a League One club queuing up to sign them.

Kightly has to go because he’s not very good and on big money.

Kiernan, Hyam and Oxley are decent enough but on too big money and far too injury prone to justify it for League 2.

How depressing are those stats....what a **** squad we have.

Unfortunately too many, like Kightly and Robinson, are still on the long contracts handed out by Brown. We'll be lucky to get anyone to take them off our hands.

most of them - plus Bond and his professional cockney mentor

Back