• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

tommy tucker

Manager
Come on lets do a poll on who do you all think will or should start in defence on friday night . Should the two who played so well against Bury continue .Or should one drop to the bench in favor of Luke prosser .This must be a tough call for Phil brown .Or maybe all three should play .What would you do ?????

Come on lets do a poll on who do you all think will or should start in defence on friday night . Should the two who played so well against Bury continue .Or should one drop to the bench in favor of Luke prosser .This must be a tough call for Phil brown .Or maybe all three should play .What would you do ?????

Can't even name them can you? How embarassing.

Yes, Sokolik & Egan should start. Prosser to start against Oxford though IMO

Well all 3 could play in a 5-3-2 formation:-
Bentley
White,Egan,Sokolik,Prossser, Coker.
Leonard, Laird, Timlin
Eastwood,Barnard.
Subs:-Hurst,Philips,Atkinson,Clifford,Payne,Williams,Smith,Straker
White and Coker as attacking wingbacks.

Sokolik and Egan to start for me. Although it's great to have Prosser back, there's no point changing the centre backs when we kept a clean sheet last game. Don't fix what ain't broke! Our problems are at the other end of the pitch so lets carry on with Sokolik and Egan for the time being, White and Coker either side.

as i said (slightly tongue in cheek) on a now deleted thread - Prosser and Sokolik at CB, Egan at CF (well anyone who can volley in from 35 yards surely fits MrsBlue's definition of a goalscorer?!)

Bentley, White, Thompson, Prosser, Coker, Hurst (Straker 88), Leonard, Clifford, Atkinson, Woodrow (Reid 85), Corr

Subs not used: Smith, Timlin, Payne, Auger

Move Egan into midfield, take the shackles off Leonard, allowing him to drive forward more often, which is about the only time we look like scoring!

Prosser has to start for a variety of reasons,not simply for how he plays but for what he brings to the team and how he affects how the rest of the team performs

When Brown joined he made a big thing about having leaders on the pitch and big hearts. Prosser is the only one in the team who is a leader. The team lacks confidence, no one takes control of the defence, no one pushes the team forward. Prosser does the above. He has been our captain marvel and our talisman with his headband. Psychologically having him line up at the start of the game will give the players confidence ( and our supporters). I really think that he could be the difference to raise the team, so to me he has to play because of how I believe he can positively affect the team .

On the basis that confidence will grow from not losing and not conceding I would start with:

White Philips Prosser Thompson Sokolik Coker

Move Egan into midfield, take the shackles off Leonard, allowing him to drive forward more often, which is about the only time we look like scoring!

We have enough midfielders to surely not have to worry about playing defenders there.

Prosser and Egan for me. Sokolik if Prosser still not ready.

The two loanees did well against Bury, but Bury were awful.

On the basis that confidence will grow from not losing and not conceding I would start with:

White Philips Prosser Thompson Sokolik Coker

We havent lost most of the games we played in this 10 game winless streak, not losing isnt helping, its not winning thats the problem. Thompson isnt even fit is he?

Last edited:
Sokolik should feature in the back four for the next six seasons in my eyes.......

No offence to prosser but Egan and Socky locky, looked class together, however Egan isn't the tallest and against someone like Matt Harrold to think maybe we do need Prosser?

But it was the fit-again Luke Prosser who impressed Brown at the other end of the pitch in his first game back after six weeks on the sidelines with a calf injury.

“Pross played 65 to 70 minutes and was top drawer,” said Brown. “His fitness was fine and his organisational skills were second to none.

“He was up against two very good strikers in Sylvan Ebanks-Blake and Paul Taylor but in the end it was almost too easy for him.

“He did very well and now I have a selection headache because I thought Ben Coker, John Egan and Jakub Sokolik, who all played in defence, were our best three players against Bury.”

I really think Prosser and Egan should start together. The Czech kid done really well but I think Egan slightly edged it. If Prosser is fit you have to start him, if not for the leadership skills he has, the psychological confidence it would bring to the side knowing that before Prosser was injured we were on a great run and now he's back...

I really think Prosser and Egan should start together. The Czech kid done really well but I think Egan slightly edged it. If Prosser is fit you have to start him, if not for the leadership skills he has, the psychological confidence it would bring to the side knowing that before Prosser was injured we were on a great run and now he's back...

Sokolik played better than Egan on Saturday. I think you could play Sokolik as a sweeper of just in front of the back four. Maybe have a back 3 of Egan, Prosser and Sokolik with wing backs, 3 in the middle and 2 up front if we get the striker in we want

I dont think either of them had that much to do against Bury to be honest. Id stick with Egan as he has that bit more experience.

Back