• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who do you think will be among the early pacesetters in League Two?

Pak Power

Manager⭐
Do you think it will be us or any of the other relegated clubs?
Myself I think Morecombe with Phil Jevons up front and Adam Rundle in midfield (4th Last season)
and Rotherham with Tom Pope and Adam Le Fondre up front (5th last) will be among the pacesetters.

While Le Fondre was sighted at Barnsley's training ground today, If Rotherham keep him they look good to have another good season.

I've gone for teams with good forwards at this level, because at the end of the day that is what gets you promoted.

Anyone think the promoted teams stand a chance of early leadership?

Aldershot and Morecambe for me will be the early pacesetters.

Do you think it will be us or any of the other relegated clubs?
Myself I think Morecombe with Phil Jevons up front and Adam Rundle in midfield (4th Last season)
and Rotherham with Tom Pope and Adam Le Fondre up front (5th last) will be among the pacesetters.

While Le Fondre was sighted at Barnsley's training ground today, If Rotherham keep him they look good to have another good season.

I've gone for teams with good forwards at this level, because at the end of the day that is what gets you promoted.

Anyone think the promoted teams stand a chance of early leadership?

I think goalscorers are the symptom, not the cause of a good team. I'd rate as more important a good team spirit and a bit of momentum. I therefore wouldn't be surprised if one of the promoted teams are up there.

Definately wont be us!. Peter Taylor at Bradford City has a good track record at lower league clubs, so dont write them off.

Lincoln, Rotherham if they keep hold of Le Fondre, Wycombe and Alderhsot for me. I see those teams as serious challengers.

Rotherham and Bradford should be faves to take the title, also expect to see Burton, Oxford, Gillingham and Aldershot to be up there. If we can get the new squad to 'gel' together I don't see why we can be up there come Christmas... miracles do happen ! (we're currently 20/1 at the bookies..)

Oxford will still be on a high from their promotion, Bradford City seem to be getting everything into place, Rotherham United are always difficult opposition at this level, and Morecambe and Aldershot will be out to prove a point. These are the clubs I can see amongst the pacesetters.

What are Shrewsbury's odds now that they have Matt Harrold in their forward line ? (lol)

Probably better than ours with Blair "Goal Machine" Sturrock up front...

I appreciate this comment is probably tongue in cheek, but I really hope Sturrock doesn't turn into just another striker written off before he's even played 90 minutes for us. Ironically, up front is about the only position we have options at the moment.

I appreciate this comment is probably tongue in cheek, but I really hope Sturrock doesn't turn into just another striker written off before he's even played 90 minutes for us. Ironically, up front is about the only position we have options at the moment.

No it wasn't.
I haven't rallied against an incoming player so much since Foran and if you go back I was saying no doubt he'd be one of the first signings from the second I heard the rumours Sturrock would be announced as Tilly's replacement.
Like I've said elsewhere, if Broughton, Revell & Harrold got stick from the Roots Hall crowd, you ain't seen nothing yet with the "goal machine"...

No it wasn't.
I haven't rallied against an incoming player so much since Foran and if you go back I was saying no doubt he'd be one of the first signings from the second I heard the rumours Sturrock would be announced as Tilly's replacement.
Like I've said elsewhere, if Broughton, Revell & Harrold got stick from the Roots Hall crowd, you ain't seen nothing yet with the "goal machine"...

Unfortunately I'm with Rich entirely. Given our player predicament, and the arrival of Paul Sturrock, it was a certainty that Blair would soon arrive at Roots Hall. Also unfortunate, is that he is pony.

Back