• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

EnglandShrimper

Manager
Failing a winnable tie at home I would take welling, Dover or Sheffield united away. Don't mind another localish non league game away. You?

Either sheff united or wolves away to tick off this grounds or any non league side away

Dover away would be textbook. Or Bishop's Stortford if they beat Cobbers although there's no way they'd be able to accommodate all of us

I want a game we can win so we get a chance of a big money spinner in the 3rd round. Therefore someone at home that isn't one of the bigger and in form L1 sides.

Non league away somewhere like Dover,Stourbridge etc

Braintree would be excellent, but I really don't fancy them to beat Newport in the replay....Tamworth would be fun - isn't that where Belford is now? Not overly fussed, knowing our luck we'll get Orient away who seem to have had some sort of re-birth this season.

We never get a decent draw I still think we will get someone like orient or another league 2 team ,

We never get a decent draw I still think we will get someone like orient or another league 2 team ,

Quite agree, I think we will draw Grimsby or Scunthorpe, but we will get through on penalties in the replay, and in the third round not quite a glamour draw but Mansfield away and out we go!!!!!!

Errrrh .... I quite enjoyed the games against Chelsea a few years ago. I would say that was a very decent draw. :thumbsup:

Otherwise I agree with the views above - any team we would have a good chance of winning against .... perhaps with the exception of Gateshead away . Now they do have a "stadium" for a football ground and it is just as bad as all the other stadiums. :sad:

smallest team left at home. always. bigger teams can always wait until later, so you want to make as much prize money as possible to that point.

For selfish ground-grabbing reasons - any of the following away with a preference for those with an asterisk

Sheffield United*
Dover Athletic
Tamworth
Wrexham
Salisbury City
Stourbridge

Barring the slim chance of the above then anyone at home

Thinking yesterday about having Dover at home and for those not old enough to remember, there is history here. It was my first year working in Kent and I came back for all the Cup matches (it was a competition held in somewhat higher esteem then). In 75-76 we had a great run, starting with a 2-0 victory over Swansea. Then we had a home draw against Dover, whom we despatched 4-1 (also noteable for being the first - and penultimate - match my wife is likely to attend) and this was followed by a sweet victory against the town in which I had been a student during four years, Brighton 2-1. The Fourth Round brought another Welsh side (and its mob of supporters) to Roots Hall and Cardiff were duly seen off 2-1. It all ended with a memorable day at the Basketball ground, where we unluckily went down 1-0 to Derby County.
Another run like that would warm the heart and the finances! Somewhere at the back of my mind is also being drawn against Plymouth. Just please don't let it be Hartlepool, Carlisle, Fleetwood or Gateshead away!

Back