• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who from SUFC is switching on your Xmas lights?

Roxy

Manager
Like most places this weekend sees the big 'switch-on' for what is Hockley village's Christmas Light Spectacular!
Only this year is different because we have not one but two SUFC player's taking charge of the deed (normally it is just Su from Essex or should that now be Heart FM but Hockley Council have obviously pulled out the stops this year):-

Heart SX radio personality Su Harrison will switch on the Lights at 7pm assisted by Southend midfielders, Jean-Francois Christophe and Francis Laurent

Just wondered what other locations our players are due to be at this weekend for such events - I know Tilly normally does the big Rayleigh Town Centre one I believe?

Not sure what our two French gentlemen will make of Hockley - unless they are looking for a Take Away, Hair Salon or vacant shop to rent?;)

Like most places this weekend sees the big 'switch-on' for what is Hockley village's Christmas Light Spectacular!
Only this year is different because we have not one but two SUFC player's taking charge of the deed (normally it is just Su from Essex or should that now be Heart FM but Hockley Council have obviously pulled out the stops this year):-

Heart SX radio personality Su Harrison will switch on the Lights at 7pm assisted by Southend midfielders, Jean-Francois Christophe and Francis Laurent

Just wondered what other locations our players are due to be at this weekend for such events - I know Tilly normally does the big Rayleigh Town Centre one I believe?

Not sure what our two French gentlemen will make of Hockley - unless they are looking for a Take Away, Hair Salon or vacant shop to rent?;)

Until the club cancelled there sponsorship of them this year.

Alan McCormack was due to come to turn on my Christmas Lights earlier this evening. Not only did he turn up drunk, but he missed the target and ended up poking me in the face. He hasn't heard the last of this...

Go along and say hello Roxy! They'll be up for a laugh and entering into the spirit of things!

Alan McCormack was due to come to turn on my Christmas Lights earlier this evening. Not only did he turn up drunk, but he missed the target and ended up poking me in the face. He hasn't heard the last of this...

He was due to turn mine on to ..but for some reason he requested I move them to the top tear of the South or ward 10 in the Hospital...that way he could at least have some accuracy when pushing the button.

He was due to turn mine on to ..but for some reason he requested I move them to the top tear of the South or ward 10 in the Hospital...that way he could at least have some accuracy when pushing the button.

(Opens mouth to speak and thinks better of it:obl:)

Go along and say hello Roxy! They'll be up for a laugh and entering into the spirit of things!

I can tell Kay, that you have not experienced the 'hub' that is Hockley village! Normally on switch on night - it is awash with Country Dancers, millions of teenagers with glo sticks and old ladies with umberellas (normally always pouring!) - this year I think I will try to find a spot in the bar/bistro which has opened with a nice bottle of wine and a mince pie!:)

I can tell Kay, that you have not experienced the 'hub' that is Hockley village! Normally on switch on night - it is awash with Country Dancers, millions of teenagers with glo sticks and old ladies with umberellas (normally always pouring!) - this year I think I will try to find a spot in the bar/bistro which has opened with a nice bottle of wine and a mince pie!:)

Well, no I haven't but it's kind of what I expected! Jeff, last year decided to join in with the rendition of Greased Lightning during panto rehearsals at school - country dancing should be a breeze!

You'd better move to Canvey Roxy, Lee Barnard is expected to light the Christmas candle on Friday night. ;)

The girl from the ticket office turns my lights on, why do you think i have stopped buying on line? UTB

Again I was asked by Hockley Parish Council as I am a figure head in the village but alas I am busy

Uncle Ron was supposed to do mine on December 11th, however there's been a slight delay but he promises to be on site soon after the original date .. i'm making tentative plans for a June Xmas :'(

Back