• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who goes??

Could an option be to sell some of the youngsters for a nominal fee to Conference South teams with a clause that gives us an option to buy them back and give them a tiny profit.

Sort of similar to loaning them out, except we pass on their registration and wages. If they do well enough to get into the first team then we buy them back and give some compensation. If they don't do well enough, then we've moved a player on who wouldn't have been good enough.

My guesswork;

- Oxley; Wants to be nearer to home. Wages will be decent still, so If we can find suitors, he will go.

- Elvis; has had suitors for a while, and would like to play at a higher level to continue his career progress. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.

- Kelman; I believe he’d be very keen on a move. Swansea were interested, but their £200k offer was rebuffed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.

If those transfers don’t materialise, and it comes down to releasing people, then it’s likely to be some of these;

- Klass; talented player, but hasn’t ripped up trees. Question marks around his attitude aswell. Hasn’t been given a squad number yet, which speaks volumes.

- Acquah; same as Klass. Although admittedly I’m not sure if he ever signed that contract we’d offered him. No idea what’s going on with him, but have heard he wants out anyway.

- MMN; nowhere near ready for this level, and we already have White, Lennon, Hobson, Kyps, Taylor and at a push, Dieng.

- Howard; Haven’t seem much of him, which might seem harsh, but we have Elvis & Demi to cover the right back position

- Kinali; again, seems harsh, but we’ve got Green & Egbri as out and out wingers, and Hutchinson & Phillips could also fill those roles. He’s thought of quite highly though, so that might save him.

Rightly or wrongly, those are the ones that I feel may be in the cross hairs.

Loans do count

Last season we were done for fielding an ineligible player in Mitchell-Nelson. He had been on loan with Harlow so they held his registration. If we loan out MMN again or any other player for that matter the registration would be held by their loan club.

For the record, we still hold Nile Ranger's registration as we're the last club he played for...

Of course, if there is an opportunity to get a few senior players out of the door then Oxley would have to be top of that list. Molesley is probably obliged to play him whilst he's fit and with his wages but the guy hasn't had a good game since he got his new deal

I'd look at releasing a couple of the younger ones but keep them training with us until we can re-sign them, the likes of Coker aren't ready yet and won't be for a couple of years at least, it will free up some spaces.

If I read it right, on a previous thread, I believe it was pointed out that if it is a one-in, one-out scenario, the player coming in needs to be on a maximum of 3/4s the wages of the player going out.

So realistically, we're looking at having to ship out senior professionals aren't we? Which is no good really although I think it would probably be best for all concerned if Oxley and Demetriou found gainful employment elsewhere. Oxley is on big, big wages, so is Demi and although I like Demi as a player, his knee is a real problem.

My guesswork;

- Oxley; Wants to be nearer to home. Wages will be decent still, so If we can find suitors, he will go.

- Elvis; has had suitors for a while, and would like to play at a higher level to continue his career progress. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.

- Kelman; I believe he’d be very keen on a move. Swansea were interested, but their £200k offer was rebuffed. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go.

If those transfers don’t materialise, and it comes down to releasing people, then it’s likely to be some of these;

- Klass; talented player, but hasn’t ripped up trees. Question marks around his attitude aswell. Hasn’t been given a squad number yet, which speaks volumes.

- Acquah; same as Klass. Although admittedly I’m not sure if he ever signed that contract we’d offered him. No idea what’s going on with him, but have heard he wants out anyway.

- MMN; nowhere near ready for this level, and we already have White, Lennon, Hobson, Kyps, Taylor and at a push, Dieng.

- Howard; Haven’t seem much of him, which might seem harsh, but we have Elvis & Demi to cover the right back position

- Kinali; again, seems harsh, but we’ve got Green & Egbri as out and out wingers, and Hutchinson & Phillips could also fill those roles. He’s thought of quite highly though, so that might save him.

Rightly or wrongly, those are the ones that I feel may be in the cross hairs.

Acquah, Klass and Howard aren’t counted in the 23 are they?

I reckon Kyprianou might be in the crosshairs. Has struggled with injuries, in a position where we have depth, and probably on a higher contract than most of the youngsters.

If we insured our players against injury then there may have been a case for negotiating something with Lennon due to his terrible luck with injuries - however I understand that we don't insure them.

Think Howard has a squad number.

I don’t think having a squad no matters If the player hasn’t made any senior appearances?

Im very surprised it hasn’t been picked up on that the two competitive games we’ve played we’ve only named 6 subs.....

If we insured our players against injury then there may have been a case for negotiating something with Lennon due to his terrible luck with injuries - however I understand that we don't insure them.

Even if we did insure them, I don't you could make a claim on "injury prone"!!! Suspect it would have to be a specific injury that rules them out for a certain period of time

I don’t think having a squad no matters If the player hasn’t made any senior appearances?

Im very surprised it hasn’t been picked up on that the two competitive games we’ve played we’ve only named 6 subs.....

Ah fair point. Maybe that is why he has a squad number and someone like Klass doesn't.

Acquah, Klass and Howard aren’t counted in the 23 are they?

I reckon Kyprianou might be in the crosshairs. Has struggled with injuries, in a position where we have depth, and probably on a higher contract than most of the youngsters.

Im not too sure tbh. Agree about Kyps though, he’s been desperately unlucky with injuries

Back