• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who goes??

What’s he employed to do ? He can’t be registered to play football currently and his wage will be dependant who leaves the 23 ....

the embargo has massively reduced the wage bill , can’t just have players on the books getting paid but not registered to play, that’s a breach of EFL ffp and the soft transfer embargo the club is under.

It’s like how you still have to pay injured or suspended players even though they can’t play.

What’s he employed to do ? He can’t be registered to play football currently and his wage will be dependant who leaves the 23 ....

the embargo has massively reduced the wage bill , can’t just have players on the books getting paid but not registered to play, that’s a breach of EFL ffp and the soft transfer embargo the club is under.

**** knows ??‍♂️

Rons new cleaner??

The wages ain’t a problem it will just be a few brown envelopes under the table job it happens!! Or it definitely use too ?

Returning to the original question, I'd say anyone can leave. If we have to sell every single player for £10 and 10% of the next fee then do it. I'd rather go down than go bust

No player is as big as our club.

We have to pay this bill 100% + it wouldnt be a terrible idea to have a few extra quid under the mattress ready towards the next tax bill after this one , as the judge has previously said we are in deep deep trouble if we continue to late pay.

So , we have to sacrifice Charlie ( £200k) , Elvis ( £200k ) , Terrel ( £100k) & Isaac ( £100k)

As awful as Ron is at employing managers (in Powell,Bond,Campbell) i actually think he's half decent as negotiating the sale of a player , which is why almost certainly the above will all be " undisclosed fees" ... the number of bumper add ons we have had after selling the likes of Dru Yearwood, Lenny , Bentley, Gary Hooper etc has kept us afloat for the past 2 decades .

We would all take another season losing the vast majority of games rather than seeing the club die.

But i actually do have faith in Molesley's enthusiasm rubbing off on our players and the likes of really talented youngsters such as Gard , Clifford , Rush & Phillips will get better and better from playing matches. Once we get that 1st win under our belts this Saturday our confidence will be massively boosted + we will be ok .

UTB

All of them by the look of it

I wonder if we have considered voluntary redundancies?

We can’t make players redundant, I don’t think.

You can only make a role redundant, not a person. If we tried it, there’d be a whole host of lawyers queuing up to represent said player.

In times gone by, if we didn’t want them, we’d just stop paying them, and they’d leave of their own accord.

You can only make a role redundant, not a person. If we tried it, there’d be a whole host of lawyers queuing up to represent said player.

In times gone by, if we didn’t want them, we’d just stop paying them, and they’d leave of their own accord.

Can we make redundant the 17 roles we currently have of being non-league quality footballers?

cant we make the center forward role redundant? we haven't needed it in the first 4 games?

Can't do that now with the suspended points deduction hanging over our head.

Reactions: GBJ
As debated before in my view the EFL’s rules should be sensibly drafted in such a way as not to make young players collateral damage.
I would image we would try and free transfer (if loans don’t work) players out on 1 year contracts with an option to take back. Some permanent transfers do take place where the selling club has the first option to take back the player.

If so possibly could work out positively for the player depending on club and game time. I hope this is the sort of thing rather than being forced to pay up and cancel contracts by more poorly thought through regulations.

we're ****ed - -- last season - 'get rid of all the overrated overpaid players & put the u23's in' --- this season 'get rid of all overrated u23's there're not good enough' - could we be doomed to the National League, if it still exists next season - time for another beer supporting, this club is doing my head in

Tricky one, if, we were doing well , competition for places would be strong.

It's when we're doing crap that the individual (and team ) spirit is vital....
MM should "ave a word" with the unwanted, informing them of his plans and to either put in a shift or ship out.

Back