• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who goes??

Been hearing rumours for a while that Oxley wants to go back north. Based on his performance and body language at the weekend, I'd say he's checked out.
i get the human side of wanting to be near home etc but can never understand the lack of professionalism in these scenarios. play your hardest, maximum effort then someone may actually want to sign you...just a thought.

No, loans don't count I believe.
Would make more sense if loans in didn’t count. And if we are forced to get rid of youngsters to bring people in then a bigger indictment of the stupidity of the EFL rules you couldn’t wish for.

Dont be silly ! Oxley had one bad game doesent make him a bad keeper right? Did u see how well he played against coventry last season before having to go off? On his day hes a championship keeper

Whatever day that is it isn't a Saturday

Maybe loan Good ship back to Weymouth to get some confidence? He just doesn't look league quality. For every Eastwood or Vardy there are 50 Mark Salters. Most of the midfield need to be shipped out. None of our youths stand out in the way a Dan Bentley or Jack Payne did. A fair few will end up at Concord Rangers in a few years. I would say Elvis and Kelman have the most potential.
Kelmen hasn't shown much either,whats he really done apart from score a fluke goal from the half way line lol

Kelmen hasn't shown much either,whats he really done apart from score a fluke goal from the half way line lol

Well ... there was all the other goals he scored aswell ?

But I get what your saying , he's not exactly set the world alight and he's extremely overrated by the fans.

There's a thread on here talking about an 800k sale ?? he's not worth anywhere near that amount currently

I’d off Oxley if possible, if not JD as he is suspect with injuries as well these days.

Those two are amongst if not our highest earners, have heard JD is on £3.5k a week and Oxley £3k to if we could move Oxley one and replace him with someone better on less wages that would be a massive winner for us

Would make more sense if loans in didn’t count. And if we are forced to get rid of youngsters to bring people in then a bigger indictment of the stupidity of the EFL rules you couldn’t wish for.
I think the Ox is a bit like our version of David Luiz
He can be fantastic but you always fear he’s got a mistake in him

If we do deregister Rush, I assume we would need to pay off his contract first? I wonder if they'd say to him "look we need to free up a space, but once the umbongo has been drunk we'll bring you back in".

Ralph maybe? Assume he’s on a decent wage and Clifford has proven himself to be a worthy replacement. Not sure we need two left backs given the squad limitations when we’ve got others who can deputise there if needs be.

Those two are amongst if not our highest earners, have heard JD is on £3.5k a week and Oxley £3k to if we could move Oxley one and replace him with someone better on less wages that would be a massive winner for us

Totally agree. Ox just doesn’t look like his heart is in it anymore and we need people who are going to battle this season. Let him go and get Grant Smith in instead. We’d probably save £1.5k a week in wages by doing that too.

I would also look to offload Demi. It’s a real shame because a fit JD would be an asset in this league but his injuries have got the better of him and it’s not sustainable to be paying such a decent wage to someone we’re getting very little value from. Those wages would be better spent elsewhere on someone you could get 40 games a season out of.

If we do deregister Rush, I assume we would need to pay off his contract first? I wonder if they'd say to him "look we need to free up a space, but once the umbongo has been drunk we'll bring you back in".

Matt Rush is very highly rated by Fagan and Duncan. It would be a shame if we simply handed that young talent to another club.

A chunk of the seniors had a clause in their contracts of up to 30\ 40% drops in pay upon relegation . I'm not saying these did, but could be a chance of either, or both.

Ralph maybe? Assume he’s on a decent wage and Clifford has proven himself to be a worthy replacement. Not sure we need two left backs given the squad limitations when we’ve got others who can deputise there if needs be.

I think the club now has four left-backs if we include Harry Kyprianou and Ide Osimeh.

Matt Rush is very highly rated by Fagan and Duncan. It would be a shame if we simply handed that young talent to another club.
Will there be a queue of L2 clubs looking to snap him up? Didn't he sign a new deal this summer? If so, it seems his preference is to be at the club, so I wonder if he'd prefer to go somewhere else or rejoin once the embargo is lifted?

Not ideal at all, but Klass is in a similar boat.

Surely we don't have to cancel contracts, just registration. We can still keep the players on the books, they just can't be included in the squad

Totally agree. Ox just doesn’t look like his heart is in it anymore and we need people who are going to battle this season. Let him go and get Grant Smith in instead. We’d probably save £1.5k a week in wages by doing that too.

I would also look to offload Demi. It’s a real shame because a fit JD would be an asset in this league but his injuries have got the better of him and it’s not sustainable to be paying such a decent wage to someone we’re getting very little value from. Those wages would be better spent elsewhere on someone you could get 40 games a season out of.

Not sure JD would have many takers given the issues with his knee, both are out of contract at the end of the season, happy for JD to stay as we need senior players desperately but more than happy for Oxley to go, don't think he wants to be here any longer, not even bothered about getting a fee for him just get him out and get someone in as you said on half his wages

Not sure JD would have many takers given the issues with his knee, both are out of contract at the end of the season, happy for JD to stay as we need senior players desperately but more than happy for Oxley to go, don't think he wants to be here any longer, not even bothered about getting a fee for him just get him out and get someone in as you said on half his wages

Demi won’t be short of options, believe me. As it happens though, his knee isn’t as bad as first feared, so he might be able to go for a few more years yet.

As for Ox, it’s true he’d like to move closer to his family for personal reasons, which every single one of us should acknowledge and respect, regardless of what you think of his goalkeeping abilities.

I know he’s had interest from other clubs, but so far nothing that suits him, because again, this isn’t about getting out of SUFC, it’s about moving back home for a particular reason.

Anyone who doesn’t want to play for Southend or doesn’t have the stomach for a fight needs to go. We can’t carry these players any more.

Does that include fan favourites?

Back