• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who goes??

More of our fans need to live up to the Southend till I die, run through brick walls standards they demand of everyone but themselves. Players and staff alike have been slagged. Yet after after just one game, far to many fans have struck their colours.

Some of you need to feel the boatswains persuader and get back below to the gun deck.

More of our fans need to live up to the Southend till I die, run through brick walls standards they demand of everyone but themselves. Players and staff alike have been slagged. Yet after after just one game, far to many fans have struck their colours.

Some of you need to feel the boatswains persuader and get back below to the gun deck.
The only ones I’ve slagged in any way predate this season .. think you know who. Think you yourself have cast some doubt over certain players commitment to the shirt. This season though, yep you’re right and there’s been way too much overreaction .. isn’t there always

Why is that/where does this info come from?

Honestly I don’t understand why, something embargo-related, but I know it’s whats happening. That’s all I can say.

I’m told things in confidence, which is why I never really post on here.

This is pretty public knowledge now regarding the 23 max cap hence why I’ve tried to settle the confusion with my previous comment.

FWIW GBJ whoever they are seems to have a very good source, so believe a lot of what they say on here

Honestly I don’t understand why, something embargo-related, but I know it’s whats happening. That’s all I can say.

I’m told things in confidence, which is why I never really post on here.

This is pretty public knowledge now regarding the 23 max cap hence why I’ve tried to settle the confusion with my previous comment.

FWIW GBJ whoever they are seems to have a very good source, so believe a lot of what they say on here

It might well be the case that contracts are being cancelled but I don't know if that's necessary, as surely contracts and registrations are not connected (Macc lads showed that), so if you can sign a player but not register them, surely you can de-register them without tearing up the contract?

It might well be the case that contracts are being cancelled but I don't know if that's necessary, as surely contracts and registrations are not connected (Macc lads showed that), so if you can sign a player but not register them, surely you can de-register them without tearing up the contract?

Honestly mate I don’t go into the details as source is busy enough, just take the top level info ask few questions, but nothing too intensive. Sorry I can’t be more help

You'd like to assume that anyone having their contract terminated, if indeed that is the route we have to go down, is more than willing to do so. No one should be forced out just because Ron's skint. More than happy if it's someone like Ox who already wants out anyway.

Absolute shambles of a situation we find ourselves in. Stinks

What utter tosh.
The fact that you consider yourself a better fan than the rest of us is constantly clear.
Many decent, loyal and knowledgeable fans are appalled by the quality of performances repeatedly served up over the past two years and the fact that you are always willing to defend the players and the chairman does not mean the rest of us are not entitled to air our frustration.
Personally I have been a regular for over 50 years and trust me I take no pleasure in criticism of the players.
Ron (and you) can always find someone else to blame and say well you are lucky, it could be worse.
That's true enough, but since RM and Sufc as a commercial entity are one and the same, many who genuinely have the club running through our veins are deeply unhappy at the constant deflection of responsibility from the man himself.
Of course there have been some great times over the years but who exactly appointed the previous two managers and who agreed the contracts for all these overpaid crocks, wronguns and under performers under previous management?
Let us sincerely hope that RM finally gets his financial ducks in a row before the football side of his grand scheme becomes no more than a memory.

What utter tosh.
The fact that you consider yourself a better fan than the rest of us is constantly clear.
Many decent, loyal and knowledgeable fans are appalled by the quality of performances repeatedly served up over the past two years and the fact that you are always willing to defend the players and the chairman does not mean the rest of us are not entitled to air our frustration.
Personally I have been a regular for over 50 years and trust me I take no pleasure in criticism of the players.
Ron (and you) can always find someone else to blame and say well you are lucky, it could be worse.
That's true enough, but since RM and Sufc as a commercial entity are one and the same, many who genuinely have the club running through our veins are deeply unhappy at the constant deflection of responsibility from the man himself.
Of course there have been some great times over the years but who exactly appointed the previous two managers and who agreed the contracts for all these overpaid crocks, wronguns and under performers under previous management?
Let us sincerely hope that RM finally gets his financial ducks in a row before the football side of his grand scheme becomes no more than a memory.

If some of the loyal so called fans had not been so keen to stab Chris Powell in the back way before Christmas, when he had the worst injury crisis in our history... You would have never had to suffer Bond or Sol....Its all recorded here on the zone, in case you need reminding.

It wasn't Ron who made players families not want to attend or racially abuse his own players. When the likes of Les Ferdinand turn up and decide they wont be loaning us any players it was the atmosphere in the East that made him scarper out ASAP.

What is also on the record is my criticism of Ron for gambling on high wages before FF. Whilst I was saying if we actually made it to the Championship it would be a disaster.....The very same people who who now accuse me of being a Ron lover were telling me to shut up. Only a team going for promotion was worth supporting and I could not possibly be a 'passionate' as them.

The same people were squealing nonsense about Bury spending more than us.....But hey never spoil a lynching because you will probably be next

Last edited:

I'm not too sure how it works exactly, but it is seen as a solution by the club to get around the embargo. I heard a few days before the court hearing on 16th that the embargo wouldn't be lifted but that the club had targets and would create space within the restrictions by shipping out players. I was told that the squad is seen as too big, too young and unbalanced, and that there are quite a few players, many of them youngsters who are on pro deals or who count towards our squad registration limit, who are now considered unlikely to make it at the club or perhaps in general. I read it that they would be shipped out in some way to free up space to bring our targets in. MM's ideal is to have a squad of 17 relatively experienced professionals supplemented by 3-5 good quality and promising youngsters.

I'm not too sure how it works exactly, but it is seen as a solution by the club to get around the embargo. I heard a few days before the court hearing on 16th that the embargo wouldn't be lifted but that the club had targets and would create space within the restrictions by shipping out players. I was told that the squad is seen as too big, too young and unbalanced, and that there are quite a few players, many of them youngsters who are on pro deals or who count towards our squad registration limit, who are now considered unlikely to make it at the club or perhaps in general. I read it that they would be shipped out in some way to free up space to bring our targets in. MM's ideal is to have a squad of 17 relatively experienced professionals supplemented by 3-5 good quality and promising youngsters.

Understood thanks, does loaning the youngsters out work?

Matt Rush is very highly rated by Fagan and Duncan. It would be a shame if we simply handed that young talent to another club.
Shows the utter stupidity of the EFL rules putting clubs in a position where this is even potentially necessary, and penalising clubs who have played youngsters previously should an embargo come along later. Given the current situation many a youngster will now find it harder to get some game time in the first team. Needs changing should the EFL ever wake up.

You'd like to assume that anyone having their contract terminated, if indeed that is the route we have to go down, is more than willing to do so. No one should be forced out just because Ron's skint. More than happy if it's someone like Ox who already wants out anyway.

Absolute shambles of a situation we find ourselves in. Stinks
The EFL rules are forcing the situation. If Ron was still skint and the EFL rules were different it wouldn’t happen.

Back