• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

None of what you have just said justifies JW having played his last game for the club. He may go at the end of the season but he certainly hasn't played his last game for the club. He will be very useful for the rest of the season and I would personally much rather see him starting at centre back than Ferdinand.

He might turn his ankle in training tomorrow or Chrissy Powell might straight away stumble upon the right back 4 who are then ever present for the remainder of the season, but otherwise I agree with you.

Why Theo ? We havent got a goalscorer as such and he is in his prime. Not saying he's done well this season, he hasnt. But with the right manager behind him, he might repricate the goals he banged in for Lincoln right up to the FA cup quarter finals. You got to give the players and management a chance to work. I have specifically pointed out Theo because of the stick he has had this season.

I suspect, or I hope, that Ron has given SCP the heads up and not been shy in naming names that thought not giving 100% for the club was okay. Player rule is not what I want to see at our club and if they have done it once they can do it again. Those, that have betrayed our trust, can go and do one.

Not sure about last game's but Steve Hendrie now has the perfect manager to blossom under, after all Chris knows exactly what he wants from his position AND how to deliver it. Could be the player to benefit most from CP's appointment. If so we all win!!

No player will leave at least not until the end of the season,I think all will be given a chance under CP to show their worth including Robinson, asfor BA why would you let him go he is young and a prospect ,also i think Hendrie can progress under a new manager .Need to get Kiernan fit that would be a bonus .

I think we will see an upturn in form from most players, if not all. I really do. Every one starts afresh. We just need to replace those who left with the best we can get at this stage.

2 points to be made here.

1) Nobody, its a fresh start. Chris Powell isn't Jose Mourinho - he isn't going to want to bomb out a big name for intent.

2) Why is John White mentioned in things like this?! Arguably our POTS so far. Been superb when trusted :unsure:

Not sure about last game's but Steve Hendrie now has the perfect manager to blossom under, after all Chris knows exactly what he wants from his position AND how to deliver it. Could be the player to benefit most from CP's appointment. If so we all win!!

Maybe, but as PB was a full back himself you could have argued the same thing. The position is the same, just with different feet...

Why Theo ? We havent got a goalscorer as such and he is in his prime. Not saying he's done well this season, he hasnt. But with the right manager behind him, he might repricate the goals he banged in for Lincoln right up to the FA cup quarter finals. You got to give the players and management a chance to work. I have specifically pointed out Theo because of the stick he has had this season.
Who can forget Gary Jones when Steve Thompson took over .

2 points to be made here.

1) Nobody, its a fresh start. Chris Powell isn't Jose Mourinho - he isn't going to want to bomb out a big name for intent.

2) Why is John White mentioned in things like this?! Arguably our POTS so far. Been superb when trusted :unsure:

He probably gets mentioned because he is ex Col U! He was a player we (The fans) were very sad to see leave because he always gave 100%, but when a club offers you much reduced terms from previously most players with a family support will try and move on to a better deal.

The way Thompson set us up really worked for Gary Jones.

He was always a good player at sitting on the shoulder of the last defender and then peeling off into the channels. The midfield released the ball a lot quicker into that space and he was away. Both him and Andy Thomson benefited from that system.

He just didn't thrive under Peter Taylor, at all.

The way Thompson set us up really worked for Gary Jones.

He was always a good player at sitting on the shoulder of the last defender and then peeling off into the channels. The midfield released the ball a lot quicker into that space and he was away. Both him and Andy Thomson benefited from that system.

He just didn't thrive under Peter Taylor, at all.

when I spoke to Tommo last year, he said with Gary Jones it was all confidence.

Why on earth would anyone want John white released .He like chris powell has been a loyal servent to the club And s head n sholders above Fredinand in my way of thinking

He probably gets mentioned because he is ex Col U! He was a player we (The fans) were very sad to see leave because he always gave 100%, but when a club offers you much reduced terms from previously most players with a family support will try and move on to a better deal.

I honestly don't think it is that. I don't even associate him with having played there. Same as Coker and Wordsworth.

Back