• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is going to build the new stadium ?

CC51DAS

President
With the project due to start any time now, I presume the choice of contractors has been made.

So have I missed something ?

With the project due to start any time now, I presume the choice of contractors has been made.

disadvantages-2.jpg

inevitable gags aside, its a good question, surely the contractor would have some information regarding dates etc (or lack of) anyone know?

inevitable gags aside, its a good question, surely the contractor would have some information regarding dates etc (or lack of) anyone know?

Hopefully Sheriff will have the inside track on this .

My money was on the seven dwarfs till I heard we didn't want to risk them in case we needed them as cover for the back four next season. Heigh ho

I think you may have missed the small but not inconsiderable point that not only does it seem the stadium building is not due to start anytime soon, but is unlikely to start at all. Other than that I think the project is pretty much on track.
I base this opinion on the fact that if it were to start within the next 3-6 months we would be receiving emails/updates/newsflashes aplenty from RM to say as much.

I think you may have missed the small but not inconsiderable point that not only does it seem the stadium building is not due to start anytime soon, but is unlikely to start at all. Other than that I think the project is pretty much on track.
I base this opinion on the fact that if it were to start within the next 3-6 months we would be receiving emails/updates/newsflashes aplenty from RM to say as much.

Plus the Prospect College purchase and the little row of shops in Victoria Avenue was meant to be sorted first. The silence on those is deafening.

of course your probably, unfortunately right, however surely any contractors would have been approached a long time ago, its not as if you can suddenly phone someone up and say i need a stadium, heres the plans, start now....

exactly contractors etc would be well well in place by now if the work , a project this big is going to start in the forseeable future, Its just so clear this development will never happen!! yet you all still are holding on for this glimmer of hope, do you honestly think any of you will ever have a reationship as fans to chairman, that you all beleived you had previously when he was making out you were all his best mate, until he got planning permission, funny how directions changed the minute that was granted wasnt it!!!! what you are seeing is a development company slowly, very slowly suffercating southend united until it desolves and dies but there so discreet you all havent noticed bar a few , Jam Man and Beefy still wake up in the morning thinking Eastwood will be coming back and and they will be able to buy a brick for the new stadium!!!

exactly contractors etc would be well well in place by now if the work , a project this big is going to start in the forseeable future, Its just so clear this development will never happen!! yet you all still are holding on for this glimmer of hope, do you honestly think any of you will ever have a reationship as fans to chairman, that you all beleived you had previously when he was making out you were all his best mate, until he got planning permission, funny how directions changed the minute that was granted wasnt it!!!! what you are seeing is a development company slowly, very slowly suffercating southend united until it desolves and dies but there so discreet you all havent noticed bar a few , Jam Man and Beefy still wake up in the morning thinking Eastwood will be coming back and and they will be able to buy a brick for the new stadium!!!

this is the truth as I see it, we supposedly building within weeks now..........absolute kak, next season is the death of our club why do people not see this.

The building of the golden staduim will be a reality tv show and the builders will be Bob and his crew with Wendy as the love intresest.
Ron has done this to appease the younger fans just as he did with his pretend assitant manager dave webb for the pleasure of the older fans.
Listen ron the blagger not in my name,not in my name.

It's what I thought 12 years ago and nothing yet has changed my mind. The football club was always a 'lever' to get planning permission from the two Councils. Getting Rochford Council to pass the training pitches and overspill car park so that more developement could be packed on Boots and Laces was virtual blackmail........in effect 'if you dont pass this, the whole deal falls thru and it will be down to you guys'

I've said several times to you that I don't believe we'll ever be on site at Fossetts Farm. You seem to have selective reading.

Cockles is back.

I always respect you views on here and its obvious to all that you have been anti Ron for a lot longer than most and called almost everything before it has happened.

My point to you mate is this. If fossetts is to never happen why would ron martin still be at the club? What is to gain ? He cant sell the club site to sainsbury's as the council would not let this happen before relocation. Why did sainsbury's lend/bail us out to the tune of 3 million if they beleive the stadium wont go ahead?

Im not saying the we will or wont be on site anytime soon , but i would say that sainsbury's do not give out 3 million quid to just anyone and certainly not without a huge assesment of the situation. This is the only thing that leads me to believe that the stadium will go ahead as they would not have just lent it out without a very very high case for the stadium going ahead or us being able to repay in some shape or form.

All of the above said i still think that Ron Martin is ****ing disgrace.

The Sainsburys question is the one that I don't get. Not just why did they bail us out last season when if the conspiracy theory is to be believed they could have just let us go into Administration and then picked off the corpse for nowhere near the 3m that it ended up costing them.

But after the renegotiation of the S106 agreement with the Council a few weeks back when essentially Sainsburys became co-developers of the stadium at Fossetts Farm we were led to believe that it would now be full-steam ahead and yet here we are with nothing. None of it makes any sense. Again, why would they go through the time, bother and expense of doing all this if the plans weren't still on the table?

Don't look at me mate, the Missus has been on at me for 6 months now, to put a small shelf up in the Dining Room.

Ron should look for someone a bit more reliable.

Back