• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is Matt Walker ?

wrongun

Who is Matt Walker ?? I read an article in the programme on boxing day and just wanted to know who this guy is. Someone has said that it's "Matt the Shrimp" not sure if this is the same guy but do people also call him "Harry Potter" ?? Just curious as to who this person is as I thought the article he wrote was very very good, as my daughter is mixed race and also at the game on Boxing Day I would like to applaud this person for attempting to stop any racial abuse he feels is being fired at any black player by naming these people, whilst the slang "feargal" is not really offensive to me or my daughter maybe it is to others who sit in H block, your views please!! * For those who are not sure "feargal sharkey" is cockney ryming slang for "darky".

Yeah, Matt the Shrimp is Matt Walker, one of the administrators/owners of this site & probably also one of the most sensible posters on here (although if he can say things in 500 words as apposed to 100 he will do
tounge.gif
)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 30 2005,09:27)]Yeah, Matt the Shrimp is Matt Walker, one of the administrators/owners of this site & probably also one of the most sensible posters on here (although if he can say things in 500 words as apposed to 100 he will do
tounge.gif
)
Cheers for that is this guy also or maybe does he look a little like Harry Potter by any chance and also sit in the front row of the South Upper ?? (i.e. short ish with glasses) bit of a sad summery I know but I don't want to start thinking it is someone it isn't.

I don't know specifically where he sits but I am 99% sure he's a South Upper regular. There were some pics of him on here around the time of the Forest game. There is a resembelance to HP as in round face & glasses, he's medium height I'd say, not short!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Dec. 30 2005,09:35)]I don't know specifically where he sits but I am 99% sure he's a South Upper regular.  There were some pics of him on here around the time of the Forest game.  There is a resembelance to HP as in round face & glasses, he's medium height I'd say, not short!
OK cheers again it is who I think it is although everyone looks short sitting down !! I will try to have a chat about it with him Saturday, cheers for sorting out my query....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (wrongun @ Dec. 30 2005,09:19)]Who is Matt Walker ?? I read an article in the programme on boxing day and just wanted to know who this guy is. Someone has said that it's "Matt the Shrimp" not sure if this is the same guy but do people also call him "Harry Potter" ??
Just to confirm, Matt does sit in the South Upper, but probably only makes about half of our home games - he's busy planning a wedding!

He's a top bloke - if he does go to a game he'll often be seen in the Spread Eagle beforehand and I'm sure he'd be delighted to meet the reader of his article
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Dec. 30 2005,13:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Dec. 30 2005,11:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he's busy planning a wedding!
I better be invited!
I believe Mrs-Walker-to-be has you lined up as a bridesmaid
wink.gif
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Yeah, she reckons you'll be dressed head to foot in Burberry!!

wink.gif

Ahhh wise guys eh!
biggrin.gif

seriously free beer?
rock.gif

Back