• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

who is....

who is.... - the slowest player?

• Prior

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Barrett

• Hunt

• Sodje

• Wilson

• Maher

• Clarke

• McCormack

• Bradbury

• Harrold

• Total voters

Pubey

??
rock.gif

Impossible to tell really...

Certainly not Sodje, he is one of the quickest!.

smile.gif

i went for maher.. just think that prior looks slower than he is.. got a weird running style.. a bit michael johnson mixed with michael jackson!

I never said he was the fastest ever RB, just didn't put him in the poll cos he is miles faster than at least maher, bradbury, prior and barrett

id have to say prior then them old legs have had few games,francis still slow though
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glentheblue @ Dec. 14 2006,15:46)]id have to say prior then them old legs have had few games,francis still slow though  
tounge.gif
hehe

Prior can still show a turn of pace when he needs too and I think his cumbersome running style makes him look like he is slow.

I have got for Matty Harrold - One of the slowest people I think I have ever seen. If there was a ginger olympics for being slow he would be a medalist I am sure.
sad.gif

Priors getting on but he's not the slowest - both bradders and maher are slower in my opinion, with wilson not far behind

P.S why is hunt in there - he's quite quick!

Everyone has made a fair shout.

I went for Barrett because he has always been noticably slow IMO, even if he isn't quite as slow as perhaps Prior or another couple.

I think the key is that Prior and Maher (most of the time) hide the fact they have no pace by not really playing in a way they have to use it very often. Of course you need pace in any position, but Prior especially seems to drop back a lot of the time to stop himself getting skinned, as he did fairly well with BWP last weekend (altho BWP is equally as good from outside the area anyway!)

Barrett doesn't seem to have that experience. Whenever he is playing against someone quicker than him he consistently seems to get outpaced time and time again, quite comfortably as well, leaving us in a vulnerable position.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ailsa Road Shrimper @ Dec. 14 2006,18:31)]I've voted for Hunt, I think he's a snail, his performances in midfield have exposed his lack of pace
Hunt is probably one of the quickest players in the squad when he wants to be.

Back