• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who needs JCR??

Clinton Baptiste

Life President⭐
Gotta say getting rid of Jamal could be the move that turns our season around.
Last night the way we moved the ball from front to back was actually quicker without our quickest player! The crosses that went in were excellent and dangerous all evening especially Tommy Blacks. We had players in the box too who knew where the ball was going.

The whole team looks so more solid without JCR and with a more defensive player on the right, allowing the right back to roam down the flank, knowing Bailey or Moussa is covering behind. Francis was brilliant last night. Tilly has gone back to the formula that got us promotion, we were too gung ho and open with JCR in the team and our attacking play too stuttering and lacking a good final ball.

Also a mention for Darryl, broke the record for clean sheets by a SUFC goalie. Felt sorry for Collis not getting a game but Flavs was excellent, the save in the first half was unbelievable.

agreed.. our midfield looked solid and mobile, really impressed last night and like i said after the millwall game, having bailey or moussa on the right really echos back to our promotion seasons

didn't miss him at all and we looked much more threatening going forward.

At times in the 2nd half we reminded me of how we played in L1 promotion season.

*oh and 30,000th thread started* :D

I used to be a massive fan of JCR, thought he was pacy player with lots of tricks and was great watching him play. However, I started to become frustrated with him like many people. I realised he was a bit of a showboater with no end product or offerings to our front two.
I dont think we will miss him at all, Black and Bailey look like a great additions to the midfield and we look alot stronger for them.

Careful, he hasn't actually gone yet.

I appreciate his efforts in a Southend shirt, but I will be disappointed if he hasn't been moved on by the end of the week.

i cannot believe that anyone in their right mind can think SUFC will have a stronger squad without a player of JCRs ability -

he retains possession, offers a threat going forward, puts defences on the back foot, has genuine pace, does his defensive work well, can work the ball down the wings, true pace -

sure he has faults but would the squad be stronger or poorer without him -
obviously poorer -

AND even if you think Tommy Black is a great prospect what are you going to do when he gets injured ?

selling quality players always weakens the squad -

offers a threat going forward

Sorry the stats prove otherwise. Barely any assists and 2 goals in 50 odd games. We have won hardly any games with him in the side. When we took him out last time in league one we started winning again after a bad patch and this season hes gone out the team and we have won 2 games. dont think that it a coincedence.

the squad maybe stronger if some of you think that but we will now have a squad totally lacking any flair or wizadry when needed

Threat and wizadry does not win you matches and as CB says above, the stats prove otherwise. Hardly any assists or goals. With out some decent service from the midfield we will not create goals and JCR just wasnt effective in this area. He spends far too much time trying to "do" every man before attempting some cross which by then is too late and the moment is gone. He doesnt release the ball early enough which means he often ends up loosing possesion.

the squad maybe stronger if some of you think that but we will now have a squad totally lacking any flair or wizadry when needed

Can't agree with that, mate. Mark Gower has consistently been our creative / flair player for the last few years now - and by the looks of it, Tommy Black may be able to chip in with a spot of wizardry.

JCR Is "all show and no dough", IMHO - and like YB, I'll be disappointed if we haven't moved him on to Barnsley for a nice sum of cash in return by Friday.

Matt

Threat and wizadry does not win you matches and as CB says above, the stats prove otherwise. Hardly any assists or goals. With out some decent service from the midfield we will not create goals and JCR just wasnt effective in this area. He spends far too much time trying to "do" every man before attempting some cross which by then is too late and the moment is gone. He doesnt release the ball early enough which means he often ends up loosing possesion.

Totally agree. Does anyone have a copy of said stats? I guess they must make pretty horrific reading....?

hes also consistant - a reliable way out - a man who won't give the ball away while the rest of the team gets forward -

AND Tommy Black is totallly unproved - pretty awol for the first half last nite
and at times a little off the pace - not the proven and accomplished performer that is JCR ;-)

AND Tommy Black is totallly unproved - pretty awol for the first half last nite
and at times a little off the pace - not the proven and accomplished performer that is JCR ;-)

TB has more Championship goals and apperances than most of our team put together.

i like watching him - no-ones perfect he goes round in circles sometimes but it does do the oppositions head in -

Back