• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

CC51DAS

President
Most of us would have taken a point at Plymouth and the same at Blackburn. But what if, after yesterday's rousing performance, we could somehow magic 3 points at Blackburn?

Here's a summary of the key remaining fixtures of the main contenders for the last two play-off places
- against each other (IN BLOCKS)
- against sides in the top four or
- against sides fighting for survival (assuming Bury have gone)

This shows our 7 rivals still are involved in 9 matches against each other and therefore we can safely say that between 27 and 36 points will be dropped by them :) COYB

7th April

Blackburn v Southend

BRISTOL ROVERS v CHARLTON

PLYMOUTH ARGYLE v PETERBOROUGH

Rochdale v Portsmouth

Wimbledon v Scunthorpe

10th April

Wimbledon v Charlton

12th April

Bradford City v Shrewsbury Town

14th April

Bristol Rovers v Blackburn Rovers

CHARLTON v SCUNTHORPE

PLYMOUTH v PORTSMOUTH

Peterborough v Rochdale

17th April

BRADFORD CITY v PORTSMOUTH

Shrewsbury Town v Charlton

19th April

Blackburn v Peterborough

21st April

Northampton v Plymouth

PORTSMOUTH v CHARLTON

Rochdale v Bradford City

Rotherham v Bristol Rovers

Southend v MK Dons

24th April

Bradford City v MK Dons

Bristol Rovers v Wigan

Rochdale v Plymouth

Oldham v Southend

Shrewsbury Town v Peterborough

28th April

BRADFORD CITY v SOUTHEND

Charlton v Blackburn

MK Dons v Scunthorpe

Plymouth v Rotherham

5th May

PORTSMOUTH v PETERBOROUGH

Rochdale v Charlton

SCUNTHORPE v BRADFORD CITY

SOUTHEND v BRISTOL ROVERS

TBA

SCUNTHORPE v PLYMOUTH - (pp 3 April)

Love your optimism and the effort you have gone to, but I see this as 100/1 shot (just looked on skybet and they see a top 6 finish as a 500/1 shot).

It would be close to a miracle

Love your optimism and the effort you have gone to, but I see this as 100/1 shot (just looked on skybet and they see a top 6 finish as a 500/1 shot).

It would be close to a miracle

Thanks Ricky - agree with your comments but have to say that there do seem to be more crunch fixtures this season - or is that just my imaginataion

If there was one place up for grabs then I'd say it was all over but as we know there are now two.

And IF we could beat both Bradford and Bristol then the points dropped by those above us would collectively increase to between 33 and 42

Maybe get a quid on before SKY read this ??

Thanks Ricky - agree with your comments but have to say that there do seem to be more crunch fixtures this season - or is that just my imaginataion

If there was one place up for grabs then I'd say it was all over but as we know there are now two.

And IF we could beat both Bradford and Bristol then the points dropped by those above us would collectively increase to between 33 and 42

Maybe get a quid on before SKY read this ??

Well you aren't going to miss a quid, although with that run of form you'd have to fancy us winning the playoffs, might as well bet on promotion at 2500/1 :hilarious:

Have to learn how to score in away games first. We last scored a goal from open play on the road on December 23rd (I am not counting Fortune's tap in against Blackpool following a free kick). And that took a massive deflection.

Have to learn how to score in away games first. We last scored a goal from open play on the road on December 23rd (I am not counting Fortune's tap in against Blackpool following a free kick). And that took a massive deflection.

I get what your saying , but this WAS a goal from open play ..................:winking:

Well you aren't going to miss a quid, although with that run of form you'd have to fancy us winning the playoffs, might as well bet on promotion at 2500/1 :hilarious:

On the other hand for all the pessimistic people on here Betway will lay you 750/1 we get relegated.
For promotion we are as short as 500/1 with Corals and Bet 365. So that 2500/1 with Skybet looks value.

I really want to believe in what your saying (as a fan, I always try to be an optimist, rather than a pessimist) however, I can't see it happening. If we had 4 home games and just 2 away, rather than the other way around, I might believe it more.

I was at Plymouth on Friday, and that game was a reflection of our away form for the whole campaign. Will that suddenly change? I doubt it. In fact that's Powell's next big challenge, to go and get a comfortable win away from home before the season ends.

Can I see us win 4 away games, one of which is against Blackburn, I doubt it. Then again, maybe Theo will be our trump card! Booked my Oxford tickets, hoping that there's something riding on it. UTB.

We are not consistently good enough. Stranger things have happened though.

Personally think we would need 5 wins and draw minimum.

I can't see this see this put together such a run. That's not to say it can't happen. I'm just happy to have got to safety and look forward to a better league one campaign next season.

Even if we won all 6 matches left I don't think we'd make it, looking at how many sides are on 60 and 61 points I'd be surprised if at least 2 of them don't get 72+ points whilst the maximum we can get is 71.

Even if we won all 6 matches left I don't think we'd make it, looking at how many sides are on 60 and 61 points I'd be surprised if at least 2 of them don't get 72+ points whilst the maximum we can get is 71.

I think you're almost certainly right but I hope we don't just throw in the towel.

A draw and 5 wins would give us 69 points

Having done a recky on the others remaining games and predicted a lot of draws between them this is what happened

PETERBORUGH D X 3, W x 1 = 6 POINTS + 61 = 67
CHARLTON D x 3, W x 1 = 6 POINTS + 61 = 67
PORTSMOUTH D x 4, W x 1 = 7 POINTS + 61 = 68
SCUNTHORPE D x 4, W x 1 = 7 POINTS + 60 = 67
PLYMOUTH D x 4, W x 2 = 10 POINTS +60 = 70
BRISTOL ROVERS D x 2, W x 1 = 5 POINTS +54 = 59
BRADFORD CITY D x 2, W x 2 = 8 POINTS +53 = 61

COYB

Looking t a random selection of 8 previous seasons, 71 points would have got into play-offs.

I think you're almost certainly right but I hope we don't just throw in the towel.

A draw and 5 wins would give us 69 points

Having done a recky on the others remaining games and predicted a lot of draws between them this is what happened

PETERBORUGH D X 3, W x 1 = 6 POINTS + 61 = 67
CHARLTON D x 3, W x 1 = 6 POINTS + 61 = 67
PORTSMOUTH D x 4, W x 1 = 7 POINTS + 61 = 68
SCUNTHORPE D x 4, W x 1 = 7 POINTS + 60 = 67
PLYMOUTH D x 4, W x 2 = 10 POINTS +60 = 70
BRISTOL ROVERS D x 2, W x 1 = 5 POINTS +54 = 59
BRADFORD CITY D x 2, W x 2 = 8 POINTS +53 = 61

COYB

Think you have gone far to heavy on the draws there. Not sure how many of those teams are playing each other but approx half the games ending as draws until the end of the season is highly unlikely.

Think you have gone far to heavy on the draws there. Not sure how many of those teams are playing each other but approx half the games ending as draws until the end of the season is highly unlikely.

Yep - draw with each other counts for quite a few.

The rest - I was being kind to them - they're gonna loooooooose :)

Back