• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
My guess is that RM already has someone in mind. He's probably already spoken to him and is waiting to see if they're interested.

what about Fagan and Tilly combo. Cheap option. Something old, something new. Youth and experience. Link to the past and moving forward. The Southend legend and the outsider who knows the youths really well. Both available .

Seems like it’s been whittled down to Fagan and Maher. Would be interesting to see a new poll with those two.

I’m with you there. I’ve bumped into him many times over the years. Comes across as not particularly talkative or approachable. Couldn’t see him as an “arm round the shoulder “ type.
Sorry he's not been talkative to the kind of guy who'd slag him off on a forum ? What planet are you 50 year old bootcut jeans aficionados on

There's something about Maher that makes think he won't be a good manager, I can't put my finger on it and I'll probably be proven wrong.

I'm with you on this. Would like him as part of the coaching set up but not as the main man. I just don't see him as that inspirational leader that we need. We need someone with a bit of personality who can instill confidence in players and pick them up in their hour of need. Maher is not that sort of person.

I'm with you on this. Would like him as part of the coaching set up but not as the main man. I just don't see him as that inspirational leader that we need. We need someone with a bit of personality who can instill confidence in players and pick them up in their hour of need. Maher is not that sort of person.

I think it’s probably just because he wasn’t as heart on sleeve as Barrett was. Adam was great with the fans, fist pumping, badge kissing etc. whereas Maher was a little more reserved. We as fans don’t really know who has that passion unless we physically see it.

Worth remembering though that Maher has just achieved his UEFA Pro Licence with distinction. That’s an amazing achievement, so he’ll be well up to the job if he’s our man. He knows this club and Ron like the back of his hand, but most importantly I think he’ll genuinely, genuinely care and he’ll have the fight and determination to do what’s needed to get us back on track.

I think you could flip a coin between Fagan and Maher at the moment, but my money is on Fagan as there’s no compensation due and he’ll be cheap and familiar. But I’d be happy either way in all honesty.

Barry Fry ??,

Sorry he's not been talkative to the kind of guy who'd slag him off on a forum ? What planet are you 50 year old bootcut jeans aficionados on
Snappy reply, well reasoned, but only to be expected. Oh, and I’m much older than 50 and wear neither boots nor jeans. I have never slagged Kev off, but I have exchanged the odd, albeit short conversation with him.

There's something about Maher that makes think he won't be a good manager, I can't put my finger on it and I'll probably be proven wrong.
I also think the fans would turn on Maher quite quickly which would be a shame. He took some horrendous stick in his early days with us. Still underrated in my opinion. There would however be some poetic justice if he got to finally play his testimonial at Fossets as the manager.

Oh well, both Essex clubs are looking for a new manager now, there were rumours of John leaving for Tranmere but now that looks less likely. Given the statement from Robbie I think our 1st team will have an average age of about 18 next season! https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/july/john-mcgreal-departure/
Congratulations so glad you're in as bigger mess as we are .Your squad is a bit older than ours so be thankful!
As for JMcG after listening to his post match drivel on the radio I should think most of your fans would be glad to see the back of him.

Oh well, both Essex clubs are looking for a new manager now, there were rumours of John leaving for Tranmere but now that looks less likely. Given the statement from Robbie I think our 1st team will have an average age of about 18 next season! https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/july/john-mcgreal-departure/

We better act quick if we want Fagan, sounds like just the appointment Colchester are looking for, closer ties to Academy, obviously will be cheaper and has Colchester links!

Back