• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
Interesting. Liam Nash was seriously prolific in non-league, watched him at Maldon&Tiptree where he scored a hat-trick and every finish was sublime. Eventually got a pro contract at the Gills but could not quite cut it.

Do you know him well, Rigsby? Is he considering going on a trial again at a pro club? Liam was most recently with Dartford where they really rated him down there.

No I don't know him well. I only met him through my Hullbridge connections. Thats where he started his career.

As I said, he has signed for a club in Gibraltar. He was telling me that have 10 teams in the league, play each other 3 times and at the same stadium. They do qualify for Europe.

He flies out it in a couple of weeks along with about 7 other English lads they have signed. In the meantime he is taking lots of individual and two at a time training sessions over at Hullbridge. Players are booked in for 1 hour slots and they all seem happy and keen......In fact his enthusiasm and dedication would impress Ron himself.

It was nice for me and a few others to have our Saturday footy fix even if it was only training.....I even got to do a couple of cross bar challenges (shorter version) No sign of straw hats, hand made Italian loafers or cryptic sunset instagram pictures.....Just people and football how it should be

The Isthmian league set the price at £10 per game entrance.....They offered me a season ticket for £100....As I ate my fresh and well filled salt beef sandwich, I looked around the decent club house and thought the likes of Grimsby, Carlisle and Tranmere away might might have to be shelved next season.

Had an interesting chat last night and it appears that Ron has made a move already and said manager has declined the chance to manage us .
That said the person I was chatting to within the club speaks very highly of Fagan, says he is a great character , really knows his football and has a real presence about him .
He feels that he has enough about him to be a success as a manager and has the good balance of being liked within the club whilst being tough and honest with the players .

within the club Bond and Campbell were known as the wet school teacher and oddball ,everyone knew that both wouldn’t last and players were baffled with both appointments

Had an interesting chat last night and it appears that Ron has made a move already and said manager has declined the chance to manage us .
That said the person I was chatting to within the club speaks very highly of Fagan, says he is a great character , really knows his football and has a real presence about him .
He feels that he has enough about him to be a success as a manager and has the good balance of being liked within the club whilst being tough and honest with the players .

within the club Bond and Campbell were known as the wet school teacher and oddball ,everyone knew that both wouldn’t last and players were baffled with both appointments

What league is this manager working in who turned is down?

I wonder if it was Darren Currie at Barnett?

I hope Southend does not blow the opportunity to appoint Craig Fagan.

Could be, strange his name has come up twice when we’ve been searching for a new manager.

Fagan seems to tick most of the boxes. Is the question more, why shouldn't he be given the opportunity? If I were a betting man (which I'm not) I'd put my house on him. If that is the case I very much hope that DB's story about Darren Currie is not true. It's not that I wouldn't have fancied Currie as manager, it's just that it's not a good start for Fagan if he knows he was only second choice.

Very much doubt we've spoken to Currie given he's under contract and Barnet are currently involved in the National League playoffs. As with AB any approach prior to their season completing would be seen as highly disruptive and unwelcome.

Personally given the "requirement" for the young new manager to be passionate and utterly committed to Southend I will be amazed if the new manager is not either at the club now or someone who who has a strong previous association with club.

The idea that a manger with no previous connection to the club could meet the requirements as set by Ron is very difficult to believe. Can you imagine- "yes yes, I was born in Manchester, have supported City all my life, have never played for Southend, or had any connection at all, but actually would you believe I am passionate about Southend, it would be my dream move, I would never want to leave". Really?..really...!?

I love the 'stepping stone' theory that so many of our fans mention......No one ever uses us as a stepping stone.

I remember aged about 12 trying to cross a flowing river in Devon using stepping stones.....One was deeper than it looked, the next to slippery and the final one unstable....So just like managers at RH, it didn't end to well for me.

I have said before , perhaps the club should of stuck with Coughlan and Maher , I know Coughlan wanted to move back North but surely the club could made it his worth to stay with us .

I have said before , perhaps the club should of stuck with Coughlan and Maher , I know Coughlan wanted to move back North but surely the club could made it his worth to stay with us .

The club didnt even tell Cocko he'd been released, he found out about it on the Internet.

Back