• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
I'm worried. There are a lot of out of work actors at present. With Ron's penchant for a big name I'm wondering if he's thinking of Tom Hanks. Comes with a chord on his back to repeat stock phrases, so if 'Hey howdie hey' could be reprogrammed with 'I'm looking forward to the chairman's new stadium' then we might have our new man here.

Its going going to be another man who's never been at this level you know what martins like
But saying that it will be harder to attract someone with being a league 2 club
Need someone who nows the lower leagues

Because he is one our youth team managers and has been doing an excellent job.

Because he's our current Under-23 manager, well-liked by the players in that squad by all accounts and basically next season our under-23s squad is our first team squad!

Coxy fancies him for the job tooScreenshot 2020-06-30 at 16.34.56.png

I know a young, former player, who has experience of managing and getting promoted at non-league. Localish, but a great man manager. Still likes Southend and probably would be interested.

Lee Bradbury - currently assistant at Crawley. Might be a very cheeky outside bet.
Crawley have just released their assistant coach Edu Rubio. He is better qualified than Lee Bradbury and knows lower league football

It needs to be someone who wants to build around the kids and who has a long term strategy and the patience to see it out.

This is a far less attractive job than it was a year ago when Ron appointed Bond. We're a division lower, there's less budget, there's a transfer embargo, there's a points deduction hanging over us, we're a club in freefall who has churned through 8 managers in 2 years.

I think I'd be looking at non-league options rather than re-treads tried and failed in the Football League.
Matt - surely it was you that voted for Mark Bentley. I did. My dream team is a Barrett-Bentley-Maher ticket with (as Scriv has suggested) Ricky Duncan as Director of Football.

I've said this before and I have been all alone in my thinking (nothing new there) but I will put forward an old name .............. out of the blue, so to speak.

He scored the first ever goal in the renamed "Premier Division", has managerial experience and has the heart of an ox, is tough and knowledgable and knows what it takes to win games .............

......... but he is unproven in England and lives up north.

I await your utter condemnation and contempt ...................

But he might be cheap as well!

I've said this before and I have been all alone in my thinking (nothing new there) but I will put forward an old name .............. out of the blue, so to speak.

He scored the first ever goal in the renamed "Premier Division", has managerial experience and has the heart of an ox, is tough and knowledgable and knows what it takes to win games .............

......... but he is unproven in England and lives up north.

I await your utter condemnation and contempt ...................

But he might be cheap as well!

Brain Deane!

He owns a team in Kosovo.

Back