• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be our next manager?

Who do we want as Manager

• Barrett

Votes: 136 34.8%
  • Fagan

Votes: 112 28.6%
  • Paul Hurst

Votes: 14 3.6%
  • Tilson

Votes: 30 7.7%
  • Tilson/Maher

Votes: 59 15.1%
  • Brown

Votes: 27 6.9%
  • Bentley

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Other

Votes: 37 9.5%
  • Bart

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Tisdale

Votes: 29 7.4%
  • Maher

Votes: 52 13.3%

• Total voters
Please not one of the old boy legends. Great for the fans (initially at least), but the players will have no idea who they are and will not feel the same. Also, painful watching the inevitable abuse that will come their way.

For me, based on Ron's recent statement, the new manager will have links with our Club, either currently or in the past and has already been approached and the deal all but done. As far as Sol is concerned the statement that he has left by mutual consent will probably suit him professionally (and possibly personally) and hopefully suits Ron financially too. As for his coaching team, Sol brought them in and I hope is the one compensating them for this short term stint.

Don't get the love for this guy based on his BBC Essex commentary. Sounds like a bit of a dinosaur to me, I'd rather pennyfather if we were having one of the BBC Essex lot but can't say I want either

Clearly you never saw Paul Clark play or manage for us.Probably not Penny either.

Please not one of the old boy legends. Great for the fans (initially at least), but the players will have no idea who they are and will not feel the same. Also, painful watching the inevitable abuse that will come their way.
I get that totally, but what if we'd said that before tilson came in.

Id like to see barrett with an experienced no.2 like the tilly and brush combo.

Roll the dice.

Nuno Espírito Santo at Wolves is the only one I think of. Rarely seems to happen!

I am genuinely intrigued by it. Always find it strange that they don’t seem to go into management.

Don't give him any ideas. Was it Ron Noades? - was Chairman at Wimbledon, Crystal Pace and the Brentford I think- when the latter got relegated appointed himself as manager and got them promoted...

He had the money to do it!

I am genuinely intrigued by it. Always find it strange that they don’t seem to go into management.

Quick google search showed up a few more well known managers... Nigel Adkins, Julen Lopetegui, Kevin Blackwell.

Never knew any of those were keepers though.

Has to be Adam with either Kev or Tilly in support and a daily consultancy link to Paul Clark. All men that know the club, know lower league football, care and can relate to the fans. We've had none of that with Sol & Co or 007.

I don't buy this 'not another club legend' thing - if they have the right qualities for our situation and want the job then that's all you can ask for. That they are all great folk and we all know they really do care is a huge bonus on top. Probably that they will not be the most expensive option either is a further bonus.

If they do fail (and ultimately they will in this game, though hopefully not for many years) it will not for me tarnish their club image, they'll all remain heroes and really nice genuine folk. Chrissy Powell in my eyes remains a great Shrimper even tho the management thing didn't work out, and if we had not tried him after Brown left then many would be wanting to give him a try now. The cry for Adam will carry on until he gets the job whether now or years down the line, and rightly so, so give him it now.

And he's SUEPA President.

And he's got impeccably good reading taste.
DSC_0694.JPG

If his willing to give it a go I’d give Duncan a go as he knows a lot of these youngsters inside out and will get the best out of them.

Ian Culverhouse anyone? Currently at Kings Lynn (2nd spell) having been assistant to Park Lambert at Norwich, Aston Villa and Col U.

Don't get the love for this guy based on his BBC Essex commentary. Sounds like a bit of a dinosaur to me, I'd rather pennyfather if we were having one of the BBC Essex lot but can't say I want either
Each to their own, mine is based on what I have seen, heard and been told.

In the time, Fagan has been with the club he has been impressive.

Most importantly, it’s continuity for the players.

Fagan isn’t just the man for right now, he’s the man to lead us over the next few years. That’s what we need

Back