• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be the next James Bond?

Clive Owen that's your man!

You can't have edris how can you have a black James Bond! Are we not going for authenticity?

Authenticity ?? You do know that not only is it all made up , all the made up books by the original author have been filmed and the latest batch are made up tales in the style of earlier made up tales.

Its like saying you cant have a ginger Hobbit....

Last edited by a moderator:

You can't have edris how can you have a black James Bond! Are we not going for authenticity?

Have you read the original Fleming books? Does it say, at any point, James Bond is white?

I saw a play of His Dark Materials and the main character's father (a white girl Lyra) was a black man (a role both played by two Bond actors, Dalton & Craig). Nobody batted an eyelid, 'cos you know, it's not real.

I can't see how you could have a non-white actor playing a true historical caucasian character, but whitey is quite happy to slap on the makeup to play people like Gandhi.

Last edited:
Funny how James Bond in space with laser-guns is ok, but the idea of a black actor portraying him isn't.

Personally I think Elba is a bit overrated (but I've not seen Mandela, where he is supposed to be great). David Oyelowo is an interesting choice, but struggle to see him doing the action scenes.

Colin Farrell would make a great James Bond, apparently he turned it down in 2004 though.

I'd have no problem with Idris Elba, he'd get it on merit rather than because of the colour of his skin.

Have you read the original Fleming books? Does it say, at any point, James Bond is white?

I saw a play of His Dark Materials and the main character's father (a white girl Lyra) was a black man (a role both played by two Bond actors, Dalton & Craig). Nobody batted an eyelid, 'cos you know, it's not real.

I can't see how you could have a non-white actor playing a true historical caucasian character, but whitey is quite happy to slap on the makeup to play people like Ghandi.

You really are an embarrassment

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by TrueBlue

Clive Owen would be good

Hasn't it been established that "James Bond" is a code name used by many agents over the years (a deviation from the books). I mean we have gone from a dark haired browned eyed Bond (Connery) to a blond blue eyed Bond (Craig), not to mention he hasn't aged in 40 years if "authenticity" is based on Band being the same guy the whole time.

I don't think Idris should be picked just so we have a black Bond, I think he'd do a good job

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't see how you could have a non-white actor playing a true historical caucasian character, but whitey is quite happy to slap on the makeup to play people like Ghandi.

Why not go the whole bit and have Gandhi played by Phil Mitchell.

Back