• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should be the next James Bond?

Damian Lewis? A ginger Bond...surely a step too far :smile:

Idris Elba. Push that envelope.

I don't think Fassbender or Hardy would take it. Too A List already

So it sounds like Daniel Craig isn't going to be Bond any more. Who would you like to see be the next Bond?

Damian Lewis would be good. Or Richard Armitage.

This article is great, especially the Tom Hardy bit:
http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...mbers-who-should-replace-daniel-craig-as-007/

In fairness, not being Ryan Reynolds is a GREAT pre-requisite.

Otherwise, I'm not sure there's any standout candidate.

My money would be on Michael Fassbender though and I'm not a fan of Damian Lewis.

I genuinely think Idris Elba would be good, that is on merit not on that whole black Bond bandwagon.

I wouldn't cast Idris Elba in The Idris Elba story.

He couldn't even play dead properly when Stringer Bell was shot and you could clearly see him moving.

I like Idris Elba but think Damian Lewis would probably do a better job. Elba has the rough and tough side as he's shown in Luther but think Bond needs to be able to come across as the classy, witty character as well, which Lewis could be better at.

Not Tom Hardy surely, he looks too rough around the edges.

And what's wrong with that? A little ruggedness might bring the appeal back for a few more of us! would be happy with him or Damian Lewis really, for totally different reasons.

Back