• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm not saying boo the players or Waddock, but if you want a statement to be made then chanting his name a number of times whilst supporting the team may get the point across.
This is exactly what we don’t need to be doing having an internal bun fight over the position, what we need to do is make tomorrow like a caldron of atmosphere like the burton and to a lesser extent Sunderland . The season starts again tomorrow and we need to get going all of us

He's been gone too long.

#sorrynotsorry

When that came out, I used to work at Chalkwell Fair for spending money during the school holidays for the two weeks it was there. It was run by travelling Showmen as they liked to be known, AKA English Gypsy's. Anyway, I was working on a stall near to the Octopus ride, and the Showman that ran it used to play Nathan Jones and Double Barrel all the time, as he loved them. Luckily, I liked both songs, especially the Supremes one, without Diana Ross of course by then.

After this weekend Nathan Jones might be available, that would be choice ???

For me, yes I'd take him as a first choice all day long on the face of it. Having said that I don't really know what he's like personally or what issues he's had to contend with at Stoke that may have held him back. His record with Luton is comparable with what the Cowleys achieved at Lincoln and of course he's a well regarded ex-Shrimper too. Probably never going to happen but if it did it looks like the sort of appointment that the I reckon vast majority of Shrimpers would be extremely pleased with.

And most importantly of all, we'd finally get to use that Bananarama song in its proper context with him back on the payroll.

Just because Ron isn't updating us all by the hour doesn't mean things aren't happening either by the rules or the usual 100 different ways of getting round them in football.

The new man might not be there tomorrow but I bet someone he knows will be watching.

A win under Waddock won't mean he gets the job permanently. It just means an almighty weight off the the clubs shoulders and at last some smiles in the bars after.

If we go a goal down and the abuse starts, the first thing that will happen is our players slacken off and it will be come 2. Yes Ron will get the only AB will do message but so will any potential manager who if anywhere near good enough for our fans. Will be taking a big career risk by coming here.

Of course Ron will have considered AB but if he is not available for any number of reasons then a toxic atmosphere tomorrow means we could end up with one of those 'totally underwhelmed' appointments that you will all hate from the word go.

Sorry to spoil the fun with the truth but Southend United isn't the best job in L1 right now.....It wasn't last summer, which is why we had Bond in the first place. So lets all try and put on a good show boys and girls.....Our season may well depend on it. We have 38 games to go, plenty of time to turn things round and have some fun......Unless of course you want to wallow in misery until May.

For me, yes I'd take him as a first choice all day long on the face of it. Having said that I don't really know what he's like personally or what issues he's had to contend with at Stoke that may have held him back. His record with Luton is comparable with what the Cowleys achieved at Lincoln and of course he's a well regarded ex-Shrimper too. Probably never going to happen but if it did it looks like the sort of appointment that the I reckon vast majority of Shrimpers would be extremely pleased with.

And most importantly of all, we'd finally get to use that Bananarama song in its proper context with him back on the payroll.
He was in the same Spanish evening class as my Mum. She seems to think he was a nice lad.

Evidence Ron never comes to SZ. 334 votes case, and only one for Waddock..... Yet Waddock seems the most likely candidate.

It just means an almighty weight off the the clubs shoulders and at last some smiles in the bars after.
This is exactly it and it is what we all desperately need. Whoever is in charge tomorrow, we all need to get behind the team and them.

What a load of rubbish if your going to comment at least have some true facts, Harris done a remarkable job with a very limited budget.and they are in the Championship

Despite his accolades and achievements with ‘Wall, Harris isn’t well liked by their fans for several reasons.

The main reason dates back to when he had cancer & the club stood by him & paid his wages, only for him to ask to leave once he had recovered.

Not knocking Harris for this by the way, just sharing what I know.

Sorry, I don't think chanting for Barrett is going to help us at all at the moment - get behind the players and chant for them. Carpe diem and all that.
I really hope there’s a positive, raucous atmosphere at the Hall today. Bond is gone, Waddock will NOT be the permanent choice unless there’s an unbelievable swing in form over the next few games, the players will put a shift in I believe, with everyone behind them. The future is bright folks, the future is Southend!! AB chants .. no as that’ll wind up Ron even more. And make Adam blush. COYBB!! Waddock’s blue army! (Ok, too far) ..

Despite his accolades and achievements with ‘Wall, Harris isn’t well liked by their fans for several reasons.

The main reason dates back to when he had cancer & the club stood by him & paid his wages, only for him to ask to leave once he had recovered.

Not knocking Harris for this by the way, just sharing what I know.
*Some of their fans. I don’t think any would complain if they were top 6 playing amazing attacking football. (Actually a lie as some always complain no matter what, I bet people moan at the Etihad about Pep’s tactics or just don’t like the fella). Football fans moan to f**k and football fans bang on about loyalty but turn on players/managers as quick as lightning if they dare to think of money or personal ambition. Such has always been the way. Those clamouring for Barrett and ok I’m one .. would soon turn on him after a run of defeats. It’d be “why did we appoint him” .. whoever gets the job is finished after a few cr@p results.

Back