• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I still prefer the original by The Supremes by a mile. When Bananarama is mentioned, I always think of the Band Aid story, where they asked them to sing a line separate, not realising none of them could sing good. But when the three voices are together, it's O.K. That's why they shy away from solo's in their songs.

*Some of their fans. I don’t think any would complain if they were top 6 playing amazing attacking football.

Like I said, the overwhelming majority feel the same about Harris.

It’s nothing to do with his managerial ability either. He could guide them to Champions League glory, and they’d still hold that grudge against him.

FWIW, I agree with what you’ve said. Football fans are some of the ficklest people on this planet. But grudges don’t often get forgotten in SE16.

Since he left I have seen Tilson quite a lot over the years in the Directors Box, but never sitting in with the supporters as he was today in the East Greens...........writing lots of notes too. I don't now what conclusion to draw? especially the note scribbling too?

All will be relieved soon I hope let’s hope the next person we get is the right one

Since he left I have seen Tilson quite a lot over the years in the Directors Box, but never sitting in with the supporters as he was today in the East Greens...........writing lots of notes too. I don't now what conclusion to draw? especially the note scribbling too?

I had a sneaky peek. All I caught was ready meals, Milk, 50/50 bread, and a fruit trifle.

Note scribbling is interesting. But he’s been sitting in the East Stand the last 2 times I’ve seen him in the past month.

Saw Tilly and was greeted warmly outside the East Stand on my way through with the flags. He's usually in the Directors Box, is that not where he was today?

Saw Tilly and was greeted warmly outside the East Stand on my way through with the flags. He's usually in the Directors Box, is that not where he was today?

Is he usually in the Director’s Box though? That was the 3rd time I’ve seen him in the East Stand in the past month alone.

Is he usually in the Director’s Box though? That was the 3rd time I’ve seen him in the East Stand in the past month alone.

Yes, he is. Where I stand with my flag bearers, I can see him quite clearly in there - I must admit, I didn't look today.

Waddock did ok yesterday, the players certainly seem to be reacting to him much more favourably than to his predecessor.

Waddock did ok yesterday, the players certainly seem to be reacting to him much more favourably than to his predecessor.
It's a great opportunity for him to re-establish his credibility as a manager and if he takes it, we all gain. He is obviously a better communicator than Bond, both with the players and the media. Yesterday was a small step forward, let us hope we can build on that on Tuesday.

an AB and Waddock team might not be too bad an idea with Tilly coming in as a director of football type position, it seems that we need more than just a new manager as in reality we haven't replaced the the Brown regime.

Back