• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wrong Gareth - My Gareth is tired of prima donnas and wants to get real... says international football is shallow and spiritually dead.

We cant 'interview' Barrett, he's under contract at Millwall and we have neither asked for, nor been given permissions to talk to him.

We cant 'interview' Barrett, he's under contract at Millwall and we have neither asked for, nor been given permissions to talk to him.

How do you know we haven't had permission? Just because it hasn't been announced doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

And same as Mad Cyril i'm under contract by HRH but i've been for job interviews.

if Barrett has applied and Millwall deny access we cannot interview Barrett. If we do we face the prospect of an FA charge if illegal approach etc.

But the last that was reported by CP was that we had not made an approach, since then there has bee no update to say we have or haven't.

My only reservation with Barrett is if that means Tilson comes back, he has hardly set the world alight since he left us. But heyho what will be will be

Just heard an interview with Sol Campbell on Talk Sport. He is looking for a job where he gets paid on time and doesn't have regular court appearances for winding up orders. So that's him out then.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/...mpbell-reveals-why-he-left-macclesfield-town/

He'd fit right in at Southend

Revive that rumour immediately!

Personally, if we are going for Barrett, and I hope we are, he really needs to pick his own assistant. Whether that’s Tilson, Milligan or whoever, he has to make that decision himself and not have a Waddock, Todorov, Milligan or Tilson forced upon him.

He needs his own coaching staff in place, same for whoever the new man is. Tilson & Brush was a perfect combination, and Tilson picked Brush, hats how it should be. Yes it will be more expensive to get rid of Waddock & Todorov if Barrett or the new man doesn’t want them, but that’s what needs to be done.
I don't understand supporters trying to get managers and players sacked

Back