• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who should replace bond?

Who should replace Kevin Bond

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do you honestly see anyone getting this lot in order? Maybe I’m suffering post match blues but that was truly shocking. I can’t even begin to analyse how bad we were. I think even Guardiola would struggle.

Exactly what I was thinking. If you didn't see the game it would be impossible to describe how poor we were.

What is going on with these players gets worse every time very poor game can see why we get low attendances for away games. Ron Martin needs to announce a manager quick

What is going on with these players gets worse every time very poor game can see why we get low attendances for away games. Ron Martin needs to announce a manager quick
We get great numbers for away games, considering. Look at Coventry. I sadly missed MK but will be at Gillingham praying for a miracle.

I don’t want Waddock but to be fair to him he doesn’t stand a chance whilst everyone knows Larsson is watching every week. It undermines him. As he says himself, a decision needs to be made.

We get great numbers for away games, considering. Look at Coventry. I sadly missed MK but will be at Gillingham praying for a miracle.
Not bad followings yeah we need a manager quick 20 players out of contract next summer big rebuild needed

Yes I honestly do, I think we need a fresh new outlook. The players are still stuck in the rut left by Powell and Bond. Waddock is still part of that rut keeping him there as the manager isn’t going to help. A new face would have new ideas and new enthusiasm.

We settled for Bond after just surviving and look how that’s turned out.
New manager, new ideas, new enthusiasm?
Nobody on this planet has sufficient managerial skills to turn those beings who stand between the forwards and the defence (I am loathe to call them midfielders) into professional footballers.
If you polish a t..d it is still a t..d.

Most of those players today should give their wage packet this week to a charity of their choice. They should be quaking in their boots about the next transfer window. In fact some could do a lot worse than enrolling on some sort of apprenticeship to get a second career, because I can't imagine other clubs will be daft enough to come in for them.

Last edited:
Jurgen Klopp couldn't turn this lot round. Looks like it'll be Larsson but I don't see what he's really going to bring, got no record or experience to speak of

New manager, new ideas, new enthusiasm?
Nobody on this planet has sufficient managerial skills to turn those beings who stand between the forwards and the defence (I am loathe to call them midfielders) into professional footballers.
If you polish a t..d it is still a t..d.

Most of those players today should give their wage packet this week to a charity of their choice. They should be quaking in their boots about the next transfer window. In fact some could do a lot worse than enrolling on some sort of apprenticeship to get a second career, because I can't imagine other clubs will be daft enough to come in for them.

So what happened to the loving of the team last weekend? Everyone was raving about how amazing they were!

So what happened to the loving of the team last weekend? Everyone was raving about how amazing they were!
I wasn't. I didn't go last week, but from what I have heard, by no stretch of the imagination were they "amazing".

Waddock sounds pretty much resigned to the fact it wont be him. MK Dons was the only highlight of a fairly mediocre audition. Larsson seems almost certain at this point.

Waddock sounds pretty much resigned to the fact it wont be him. MK Dons was the only highlight of a fairly mediocre audition. Larsson seems almost certain at this point.

Who-ever is appointed has the same players till prob the end of the season, to turn things round. Cant see where we will get money from to recruit in Jan transfer window, & if we are still struggling what player worth his salt, would want to come here?.
Only thing Larsson has is experience playing for big clubs, obviously learnt a lot from the Managers he's played for, which up to now hasn't been reflected with the clubs he's managed?.
Possibly because inferior skilled players to him, were unable to perform to the heights he had expected of them?.
If that was the case, & he is appointed as our next Manager, then good luck with that!.
Who-ever gets the job, i'd love to know what Ron expects them to achieve for the next 2 seasons, presuming the person is here for that duration?.
With so many players possibly gone at the end of this season, our Manager wont even be able to start building his own squad until next June.
Just keeping afloat & hopefully staying in this Division, would be sufficient imo.

And Larsson has a distinctly mediocre track record as a manager. Southend cannot afford another punt on a manager who lacks both promise and a solid track record. If Larsson is the Chairman's number one choice, I despair about his judgement.

I despair that we have a caretaker manager in, fighting against the odds and seeing Ron in the stands with a possible new one in tow
Bad for morale on and off the pitch for players and management team !!

And Larsson has a distinctly mediocre track record as a manager. Southend cannot afford another punt on a manager who lacks both promise and a solid track record. If Larsson is the Chairman's number one choice, I despair about his judgement.

Given the choice, I’d go with neither and look elsewhere. However, Waddock is quite clearly not the answer and is also a little tainted by the Bond era, so Larsson would be preferable.

Back