• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

But the new stadium does not belong to SUFc. We are a tenant . We can not pay the rent at RootsHall so how are we going to pay the rent at FF ? once Sainsbury go away who will support the pay the wages when the season ticket money runs out ? The club will be in administration as soon as the new facilities are built. Aka Darlington.

But the new stadium does not belong to SUFc. We are a tenant . We can not pay the rent at RootsHall so how are we going to pay the rent at FF ? once Sainsbury go away who will support the pay the wages when the season ticket money runs out ? The club will be in administration as soon as the new facilities are built. Aka Darlington.

Ron doesn't charge us rent now because he knows it's pointless. Why would he charge us rent in FF - equally pointless. It's not as if a Prem team are going to move in and use the Stadium, either we do or no one does.

But this is all bollocks. We can't survive in Roots Hall. We might be able to survive in FF. It's our only hope, and we need to lean on the council hard to approve the plans now, not bicker and nit-pick over future problems.

Who do I lobby and how

List of Southend Councillors

Click on the councillor's name to see his contact address and email.

It would be a big help if someone could dig out who is going to be considering and voting on the latest RonWorld plan, but please send your ward councillor an email in any case, simply stating:

• You are a supporter of SUFC.

• SUFC is an important figure head for the town, which is appreciated by most towns/cities with League Clubs.

• This Development is vital for the future of our club

• The ticket sales for Wembley underline how many people have an interest in Southend United

• Urge him/her to support the proposals

Again if anyone can flag up particular points that can be added to this please do.

I was at the Polska v England match in the National stadium- you know the one with the dodgy roof

Also saw the match at the old Legia Stadium a few years back - nice avatar by the way

Dziekuje mate! ;) I am pleased to see Legia doing well again, I pray for no end of the season collapse like last season! I know, the Stadium manager should know better to shut the roof in the morning before the England game start, it's embarrassing to be honest!

I for one even though i am 28000 miles away will not let my club die without a fight,its plain for all too see ,that staying at Roots Hall means certain death.At least Fossetts Farm gives us a glimmer of hope,better that than the alternative.If you truly and i do mean truly love your club ,then spending an hour or two sending Emails to your councillors is the least you can do to maybe,just maybe keep our club alive.Myself i will email every councillor there whose email address i can find, i have loved and followed Southends fortunes for almost 60 years of my 66 years life span now.You can take the boy out of Southend , but you cannot take Southend out of the boy!Please i urge everyone of you that loves this club to send emails , let the councillors understand how much it means and how important this Football club is to not just you but too Southend.

Top post!

I myself have resigned to a "what will be will be" attitude after having a season ticket for over 25 years

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but to my knowledge there has NEVER been any definitive figures given of how we will suddenly go from losing 80k+ a month to a solvent business by magically moving to the new ground. Plus as mentioned above the rent issue will be a real problem if it is adhered to, but again I don't think this has ever been clarified. As far as I can see we are 8 miles up the brown smelly creek without the new stadium complex and 7.99 miles with it.

Oh and if the figures are available for our financial transition I would be interested to see how we will achieve them with the only money making side of the ground not being built.........

But Ron has never had to declare to us what the income streams are - he would have had that business plan for the Banks. If it was pie in the sky it wouldn't be happening; Banks and big companies like Sainsburys have gone along with whatever projections have been offered which must be fairly realistic.

And the 4th side will only make money for the Martin family - that's their legacy - so it's in their interests to get it built as quickly as possible. It will be nothing to do with SUFC.

I wonder if there is an undercurrent of people actually wanting the club to fold so that the likelihood of Ron Martin not being here increases, hence the lack of interest in lobbying or actually doing anything. I'm also in the "Que Sera, Sera" camp... but will certainly do everything in my power to exert my influence on the council. Without FF we will be dead. Simples.

But Ron has never had to declare to us what the income streams are - he would have had that business plan for the Banks. If it was pie in the sky it wouldn't be happening; Banks and big companies like Sainsburys have gone along with whatever projections have been offered which must be fairly realistic.

And the 4th side will only make money for the Martin family - that's their legacy - so it's in their interests to get it built as quickly as possible. It will be nothing to do with SUFC.

I wonder if there is an undercurrent of people actually wanting the club to fold so that the likelihood of Ron Martin not being here increases, hence the lack of interest in lobbying or actually doing anything. I'm also in the "Que Sera, Sera" camp... but will certainly do everything in my power to exert my influence on the council. Without FF we will be dead. Simples.
Surely if his business plan is as rock solid as you suggest then why can he not state to the fans what the clubs income streams are?

Surely if his business plan is as rock solid as you suggest then why can he not state to the fans what the clubs income streams are?

He has stated that the income streams from the Stadium will belong to the club - don't have time to search it out but I'm sure it was reported on SZ from a public meeting with RM not that long ago.

Well, he could. But a) why should he? It's nothing to do with the fans, and b) the fans wouldn't believe him anyway.

He has stated that the income streams from the Stadium will belong to the club - don't have time to search it out but I'm sure it was reported on SZ from a public meeting with RM not that long ago.

what income streams exactly?...what are they?...what do they produce income wise as per his projections?

Well, he could. But a) why should he? It's nothing to do with the fans, and b) the fans wouldn't believe him anyway.

surely these income streams would figure in the accounts anyway if they are to become real and tangible...agree with your b...but ultimately whos at fault for rons lies?

Well i have already sent emails off to some of the councillors there, didnt realise you had so many. one councillor bears my Surname so have appealed to her to help by forwarding my email onto the remainder of the councillors.

Ron doesn't charge us rent now because he knows it's pointless. Why would he charge us rent in FF - equally pointless. It's not as if a Prem team are going to move in and use the Stadium, either we do or no one does.

You are right he does not collect rent atm, but I did find this in the original government report.

Applications by Southend United Football Club
7.32 However, the club does not own the existing ground, or indeed any other land or property and will continue to be a leaseholder of the new stadium. The Table at para.6.2 (page 14) of Mr King’s proof shows that the existing rent of £500,000pa will continue to be payable on relocating to the new stadium in 2010/11. It would appear that the Club will play no direct role in the procurement or delivery of the new stadium and that this will be handled by the parent company and others.

http://www.southend.gov.uk/downloads/file/992/report_to_the_secretary_of_state

My understanding was the 4th side contained the only chance of revenue for the club not the Martin family. No idea what the revenue would come from --- the Chairman has always been a bit vague.

You are right he does not collect rent atm, but I did find this in the original government report.

Applications by Southend United Football Club
7.32 However, the club does not own the existing ground, or indeed any other land or property and will continue to be a leaseholder of the new stadium. The Table at para.6.2 (page 14) of Mr King’s proof shows that the existing rent of £500,000pa will continue to be payable on relocating to the new stadium in 2010/11. It would appear that the Club will play no direct role in the procurement or delivery of the new stadium and that this will be handled by the parent company and others.

http://www.southend.gov.uk/downloads/file/992/report_to_the_secretary_of_state

Nothing is certain John, except for our demise if the new stadium is not built. We might still die, but at least we will have a better chance.

And my point stands, RM knows it is pointless to charge us rent at the moment. It would be equally pointless in the new stadium, and whatever our relationship with him is now or in the future, I see absolutely no benefit, and a lot of damage, for him if he were to be complicit in the death of the Shrimpers.

The Coventry situation shows the folly in insisting that a loss making football club and the only possible tenant for a huge stadium pay a hefty rent.

If Southend United are ever in a position to pay a penny's rent then we should all be happy because it will mean that the club is successful and cash rich.

Maybe having the club die isn't so bad. Chester fans were so fed up with the way their club was being run that they got the old club shut down and started again with the club being run by the fans. Now they lead Conference North by a mile and I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them back in the Football League very soon.

Back