• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
This season we have had Anton Ferdinand, Ben Coker and John White all wearing the Captains's arm band. Who do you reckon will lead the side out next season? I'm betting JW, but this assumes his contract is renewed. Any thoughts?

Bit early to be asking that, it might be someone who gets brought in during the Summer. If Oxley stays I wouldn’t mind him as captain. I always like a captain to be either the GK or one of the CB’s.

The cat could have kittens Ricey, this can be a slow burner for the summer.

Bit early to be asking that, it might be someone who gets brought in during the Summer. If Oxley stays I wouldn’t mind him as captain. I always like a captain to be either the GK or one of the CB’s.

No, don't agree, I don't think a GK should be captain, should always be an outfield player.

No, don't agree, I don't think a GK should be captain, should always be an outfield player.

Why not? A GK has full view of the game and are normally the most vocal of players. I’ve seen many outfield players keep quiet throughout the game. I also think it’s pointless it being a striker as their focus should be scoring goals not worrying about anyone else.

Provided he is kept on and importantly can stay fit, to me the obvious captain would be Michael Turner, primarily because he is such a good reader of what is going on around him. Also he strikes me as "leader" material.

Definitely not Coker... He should concentrate on his own performances first and those of the other team players second...

He hasn't been the same Coker this season.

Given the option, would go with John White or Anton every time! Coker is fine as captain, but it seems to detract from his performance. That said, Anton has performed better towards the end of the season without the arm band!

Pleased u have posted this ,I think he has been very poor since being made captain

Zoff-coppa.jpg

2b60c689babcbcb6877789ea17d1f6b7.jpg

NjKmb.jpg

001B312900000258-3595181-image-m-31_1463502623058.jpg

Stop it now James, I know there have been good GK captains, but these are all exceptional people. As a general rule, you want your captain out on the field, and not restricted by being right at the very back and potentially far away from incidents/action.

I've got no problem with White but maybe Turner could be an option if he's going to be a regular? Agree with those saying not Coker, he's been below his best this season, probably best to focus on his own performance without any distractions.

Back