• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just wondering who you feel brown will offer new contracts to seeing the likes of Bentley, laird, Leonard, corr all out of contract

of the four you mention SS i'd try and retain them. Bentley is a very good keeping prospect, Laid along with Tam made a difference to our CM when coming in, The team rarely loses with Leonard in it and is young enough to progress a little more, And Corr's never say die qualities are exemplary with his ability to grab goals along the way.

I guess its all dependent on who PB thinks he can bring in. Saying that, I think its very much 'back to the drawing board' and starting again.

Laird is under contract next season along with Smith, Straker, Cresswell, Phillips, Hurst, Eastwood and Harris.

Personally would like to see him retain Clohessy and Tomlin (Both unlikely), Corr, Timlin, Prosser and maybe Leonard.

I got told yesterday by someone outside the ground, told me that Dan Bentley is linked with Saints and Stoke also been told today that he is going to 1st choice next season too :O 4 players have already been released too :O

dont think we will keep bentley bigger clubs have been looking at him, plus he wont want to sit on the bench while smith plays

I got told yesterday by someone outside the ground, told me that Dan Bentley is linked with Saints and Stoke also been told today that he is going to 1st choice next season too :O 4 players have already been released too :O

can't see saints being one of them they have 4 keepers including young gazzinga and cropper so can't imagine them wanting another

i don't care who goes but would like to

Bentley, Leonard, Tomlin, Corr, Harris, Woodyard and Cressy all stay

If bentley leaves would be a huge mistake for his progression keep him play him then get good cash for him in the future.

Based on what, he has let some soft goals in and his kicking is average, can't see any of his performances this season attracting any sort of interest from higher league teams. Think people's opinions on here are based on him winning two pen shoot outs not actually looking at the whole picture

Word on Bentley was that he had done enough for Brown to want to offer him a new contract, which was why Smith was back in goal. Suggests to me that Smith will still be number 1 choice next season, with Dan providing very decent cover and possibly playing some cup games.

Word on Bentley was that he had done enough for Brown to want to offer him a new contract, which was why Smith was back in goal. Suggests to me that Smith will still be number 1 choice next season, with Dan providing very decent cover and possibly playing some cup games.

OBL I think you mean very decent competition not cover.

Based on what, he has let some soft goals in and his kicking is average, can't see any of his performances this season attracting any sort of interest from higher league teams. Think people's opinions on here are based on him winning two pen shoot outs not actually looking at the whole picture

Well you're wrong! He has visited the training ground of one those two mentioned clubs several times. No matter what part of his game you think is "average", I dread to think what that makes the same areas of Smith's game. Woeful I would assume. He is far and away the better choice in goal and with first team exposure next season, he will get better and better. Higher division clubs have seen something in him and they're not wrong. The guy is 20. He won't hit his goalkeeping peak for at least another 10 years. If he's this decent now, imagine where he could be in 10 years' time. Paul Smith is supposed to be in the middle of his peak years, and he's making the sort of mistakes that you'd expect an 18-year-old to make. Brown likes Bentley and I think he will be Number 1 if he stays.

I haven't checked but I'd guess it's rare for a 20 year old to be playing first team goalkeeper. If a premier league team got him I'd guess a league 1 team would have no problem taking him on a season loan.

Bentley or another keeper has to be number one next season. Dan can still improve, Smith will always be rooted to his line and a poor communicator.

Well you're wrong! He has visited the training ground of one those two mentioned clubs several times. No matter what part of his game you think is "average", I dread to think what that makes the same areas of Smith's game. Woeful I would assume. He is far and away the better choice in goal and with first team exposure next season, he will get better and better. Higher division clubs have seen something in him and they're not wrong. The guy is 20. He won't hit his goalkeeping peak for at least another 10 years. If he's this decent now, imagine where he could be in 10 years' time. Paul Smith is supposed to be in the middle of his peak years, and he's making the sort of mistakes that you'd expect an 18-year-old to make. Brown likes Bentley and I think he will be Number 1 if he stays.

What are you his agent? Just cause he has visited a training ground means nothing. It might be something organised between the clubs. I think he is a decent keeper, but nowhere near good enough for higher league yet. He needs to stay here and play a full season and prove his worth and then move on if he is good enough.

Bentley has potential and has shown he is capable keep him play him and lets see him develop. Lets.not hype him up tho he is good yes but the way people go on its like he joe hart.

Back