• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

who will make the Biggest impact

shrimper_sam

Manager
After the haze of relegation has been lifted who do you believe will be the man to make the biggest impact for the blues on the pitch?

I reckon it will be JCR, he has improved immensely since the start of last season, to the last game at Southampton. He will run the defences ragged and be one of our biggest threats. His distribution of the ball has also got alot better.

:cool:

JCR & Eastwood will be our saviours next year, that's assumming they both stay.

Most improved player will be... Da Mousse.

Tough call. I think Matt Harrold will form a lethal partnership with Billy Painter and show us the sort of lethal goalscoring form we all know they can deliver.

I suspect both players will have a comedy charity £50 bet at the start of the season on who will score the most goals.

Sure we can all see it now. It will be 33 goals a piece going into the final game of the season - A tough away fixture at Tranmere. BP will score a cheeky hatrick and think he has done it only for Matty Harrold to out do him and bag a double brace.

Falling that I think JCR. :rolleyes:

Gonna have a fantastic season can feel it in my water, top four finish I reckon. Flahavan, Barrett, Maher, JCR, McCormack alone are enough to make my mouth water in league one. With or without Freddy. Harrold will start to impress, Hooper and the Moose will both make progress. Foran will find his feet........believe me, we will be the team to beat next season.
:)

JCR will have a field day in League One, if we can hold on to him.

Our squad with a few additions, will be up there with the most talented in the division, we must keep the nucleus of the side though, Flavs, Clarke, Barrett, Maher, Macca, JCR and Freddy.

if we keep hold of JCR & Gower, id expect them to roast a few defences next season.

Gower always looks a threat from just outside the box (IMO) & seems to know where the back of the onion bag is too

JCR just needs to find that final ball, think league one could be his level to show his true potenital week in week out

IMO, Alan McCormack will boss it next year. His commitment and desire Is second to none and I think with him and Maher in CM we will make a real impact next year

Moussa, JCR, Clarke, Hooper and Macca. They will make the biggest inpacts next season. Unless we make some cracking signings of some real talent. (Not more Matt Harrold's)

I agree, that:

Flavs
Barrett, Clarke
JCR, Maher, Macca, Gower
Eastwood(if he stays)

sounds fantastic in league 1. We mustn't get carried away - things are never that easy, but you cant help thinking that with more time and space - that core of players could really achieve something next year.

I also think Hammell would be one of the best left backs in the division...but it is francis who i believe could make a real impact. Yes, his defending is wayward sometimes, but he was able to attack with great purpose in the championshio - i can thelp think in league one he would be able to do the same to a greater extent.

What comforts me is when watching the playoffs, all four teams really didnt impress me that much - forest were good(and i appreciate they have agogo, tyson etc injured), but feel if we play like we can be COULD be a real force in the division.

If we are able to rekindle that togethernesss and team spirit of just 1 year ago, and play the football that we have played in the championship(even when we have lost), we may, just may be celebrating a few more wins!

Up the Blues

I defiantly believe with the current crop of players we will get success next season. I just think if Freddy does go, we need to find a striker who will bang in 15 20 goals a season and maybe someone else to chip in with a few and then we will be fine. We seem to have two decent young players coming through the ranks and everything seems to be looking good.

Tough call. I think Matt Harrold will form a lethal partnership with Billy Painter and show us the sort of lethal goalscoring form we all know they can deliver.

I suspect both players will have a comedy charity £50 bet at the start of the season on who will score the most goals.

Sure we can all see it now. It will be 33 goals a piece going into the final game of the season - A tough away fixture at Tranmere. BP will score a cheeky hatrick and think he has done it only for Matty Harrold to out do him and bag a double brace.

Falling that I think JCR. :rolleyes:

and let me guess we loose 8-7

I hope we are able to return to the team spirit, collective endeavour and refusal to buckle under pressure that characterised our performances overall during 2005/2006. I think it could be Tilly and Brush who could be our trump cards in bringing the best out of the team as a whole. Too often we failed to function as a cohesive unit last season and this cost us dearly. I think we should avoid building up unrealistc expectations, concentrate on settling into the division and see where that leads us. I fancy us to challenge for the play-offs and would be happy with that. Overly high expectations could put undue pressure on the team- something that we must avoid.

The great team spirit we had was largely helped by the fact we had a promotion behind us and then spent the season challenging for promotion again. Real team spirit is what you see when backs are against the wall and I dont think it was a lack of spirit that failed us this season, just the fact the opposition was far better.

Expectations are a key factor next season, so many people expecting us to challenge for promotion when reality we are a relegated team in awful form and bouncing back doesnt seem likely to me.

We have a better team than last time but without the momentum of a promotion my hopes are we can aim for a top 6 finish, but a midtable position isnt unrealistic.

I too suspect it will take us some time to adjust to League One. Rather along the lines of last years trio of relegated clubs Millwall, Crewe and Brighton who all had 'iffy' starts to the season, before settlin into mid-table, with only Millwall - who had the worst start of the three - mounting any sort of play-off challenge.

As to who will make the biggest impact? If he steers clear of too many cards, it may well be Alan McCormack.

I too suspect it will take us some time to adjust to League One. Rather along the lines of last years trio of relegated clubs Millwall, Crewe and Brighton who all had 'iffy' starts to the season, before settlin into mid-table, with only Millwall - who had the worst start of the three - mounting any sort of play-off challenge.

As to who will make the biggest impact? If he steers clear of too many cards, it may well be Alan McCormack.

All I would say to this is all those sides had some time at Championship level where as we had less than 9 months so maybe it wont be so hard to re-adjust.
:angel:

After watching Yeovil Vs Forest, Oldham Vs Blackpool and Shrewsbury Vs MK and Rovers Vs Lincoln - JCR would make an impact as these team back 4 is slow and give more room to attack, Gower with championship experince behind him could explore their weakness at full back and maybe have a pop at goal etc. McCormack look too good for League 1 if the Play-Off match anything go by.

Back