• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who will replace Gower?

shrimperstubbs

Ive not been on here for a few weeks now due to work ect and have not seen a post like this so i apologise if there is.

Firstly good luck to Mark Gower on his move to Swansea, all thou i dont hide my dislike for him, he was a great player for us over the past seasons.

But it now comes down to who will replace him on the wring? I know we have Sean Scannell and everyone will be wanting him to be given a go, but that still only really leaves us with the one reconised winger since the release of Tommy Black (Who i fought was quite good).

A player who really stands out to me would be Lionel Ainsworth. I know he signed for Watford last season blah blah blah, but they maybe could be willing to loan him?

What you guys think?

Again sorry if this topic has been discust already.

Ive not been on here for a few weeks now due to work ect and have not seen a post like this so i apologise if there is.

Firstly good luck to Mark Gower on his move to Swansea, all thou i dont hide my dislike for him, he was a great player for us over the past seasons.

But it now comes down to who will replace him on the wring? I know we have Sean Scannell and everyone will be wanting him to be given a go, but that still only really leaves us with the one reconised winger since the release of Tommy Black (Who i fought was quite good).

A player who really stands out to me would be Lionel Ainsworth. I know he signed for Watford last season blah blah blah, but they maybe could be willing to loan him?

What you guys think?

its damien not sean.

What you guys think?

I Wish :unsure:

Scannell will play a much bigger role this season and i think he will be better than Gower..
Surely there must be someone at Grays we can take, its been a while:-)

Replacing Gower is the hardest task facing the management this summer IMO, whilst Scannell is highly rated by them stepping up to replace someone like MG is quite a task in your 1st full season at a club.

Whether they have some targets lined up is of course another matter and I assume that to be the case.

I think it's going to be a case of "watch this space..."

Well we need wingers. We only have Scannell on board now that Gower and Black have gone.

Can't think of many players off the top of my head we could go for only Ricky Holmes at Chelmsford he was linked with us before and Gradel from Leicester who was on loan at Bournemouth last season althought I can't see that being a goer.

I personally think this is the most important position the managment team need to focus on. Like you guys im not to sure on who will replace MG.

Anyone know of wingers who have been released?

Don't be surprised if Walker starts the season on the wing. He would go out there sometimes when subs were made.

Back