• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

PhilipH51

Schoolboy
Looking at the emotional scenes at the Emirates, who would be the player most likely to get that level of reception if he returned on loan and scored within 10 minutes, winning the game in the process? Nominations for a player who could theoretically do that (ie is still playing) and for someone who couldn't, but we wish he could! Is it just down to Stan or Freddie or are there some other contenders? Have to say for me it would Chrissie P or Steve T, though in Chrissie's case we'd probably have to wait a bit longer than 10 minutes!!
Happy%20Smilie%20aug%202010.gif

Freddy isn't match fit so him scoring in ten minutes would be a miracle, but he'd probably get the best reception if he returned, whether he would keep the warm reception or not is debatable but he'd definately pull in the crowds for a while

Possible shout for Stanley, but Freddy if given the choice....

23 is and will always remain my lucky number......Fortunately worn by my current favourite Blues player....

Freddy isn't match fit so him scoring in ten minutes would be a miracle, but he'd probably get the best reception if he returned, whether he would keep the warm reception or not is debatable but he'd definately pull in the crowds for a while

Wenger stated Henry wasnt match fit a week ago!

Much as we have a special place for the likes of Freddy and Stan, for me, it pales into insignificance compared to the connection with Thierry Henry at Arsenal. We'd love it if one of our greats came back and scored of course, but this was the guy who scored more than 250 goals for the club, over 8 years, at the highest level, scoring on his debut only a short time after they unveiled a statue of him at the ground. It shouldn't discount our history or achievements, but this one's just a unique and special story.

I'm completely ambivalent about Arsenal but I had to smile for their fans last night*.

*especially 'cos it was against Leeds!!! :smile:

I tried to watch the Arse play last night, but not being an Arsenal fan (I only support Southend) I turned it off because I got really fed up with the commentators going on and on and on and on about Henry....... Boring!

I reckon Henry has made a rod for his back by doing that .. the Arse fans will expect him to score every game now, like he'd never been away (he scored in the final minute of his last appearance remember)

Back