• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Who would you currently prefer in the first team?

Kinali or Egbri?

• Kinali

Votes: 30 83.3%
  • Egbri

Votes: 6 16.7%

• Total voters

Boreham Blue

Match day squad⭐
While both are young and should develop who would you currently have in the first team in our current position?

Neither.

Kinali, I don’t know how many times I’ve said, is coming back from a fairly long injury lay off. He is on his way back, and needs minutes, hence the loan move as they play more frequently than the 23s.

Egbri has zero end product. I’ve only seen him twice in the flesh, Stockport & Aldershot, and whilst looking spritly, full of energy and running, he created nothing. He find blind alleys, he overhits his final cross/pass and his shooting is woeful. There is a player to work with there, but reminds me very much of a poor mans JCR, without the trickery. If Egbri was a new signing, as opposed to a youth teamer breaking into the first team, he’d be getting much more stick.

Ive only seen tiny glimpses of Walsh, but what I’ve seen of him, he’d be the one I’d be pushing to be more involved with the first team. However, it’s his defensive side of the game he has to work on. He doesn’t have the discipline to play as a wing back, like Bridge has, and he’d need a solid full back behind him in a 4-4-2. May work best in a 4-2-3-1 as a wide one in a three, but wouldn’t take the opposition long to figure out he has zero interest in the “graft and ugly” side of the game.

Haven't seen Kinali play much so can't give a informed opinion.

Of our current squad - I'd have Akinola on the wing instead of Egbri

None of them ? is that allowed? I want players who want to play for our wonderful club and are proud to wear the shirt.

All out top to bottom and start again ?

None of them ? is that allowed? I want players who want to play for our wonderful club and are proud to wear the shirt.

All out top to bottom and start again ?

Both of them want to play for the Club, and are proud to wear the shirt, there isn’t a debate about that.

Whether they are good enough is another debate, but both love the Club.

Both of them want to play for the Club, and are proud to wear the shirt, there isn’t a debate about that.

Great at last, players who are proud to wear the shirt and play for us... both then ? 2 down, 9 to go...

Last edited:
I based my vote on the question ,there was no part to vote neither on it so out of the two i voted Kinali,it didnt say anything about fitness or formation .

ARNOLD

DEMETRIOU...HOBSON...WHITE....RALPH

ATKINSON.......DUNNE........BRIDGE

DALBY.....MURPHY......AKINOLA

SUBS: DENNIS,COULSON,AGOGO,RUSH,SEADEN

I love the club; not sure I'd contribute anything.
Kinali or Egbri? Is that mediocre or average?
Third choice, please.

Agree with Boy Wonder’s comments re Walsh. He’d be the one I’d want to see in the team too. Big lad, good pace, good feet and used to play as a striker so you’d imagine he can shoot too.

Dare I say it, Egbri could’ve really done with having the likes of Ricky Holmes in the squad. If I was the manager and Holmes was here, I’d make Egbri his project. See if he can pass on some of that movement and creative threat that made Holmes such a great player over his career.

I love the club; not sure I'd contribute anything.
Kinali or Egbri? Is that mediocre or average?
Third choice, please.

No, I agreed, I was just replying to the poster who said he wants to play for the Club and are proud to wear the shirt, and I was just pointing out that these two tick those boxes.

Whether they are good enough is a different debate.

No, I agreed, I was just replying to the poster who said he wants to play for the Club and are proud to wear the shirt, and I was just pointing out that these two tick those boxes.

Whether they are good enough is a different debate.
Trouble is, it's not much of a debate.
Would love to know Egbri's Opta stats. Maybe, that would settle any lingering doubts...

Back