• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would you offer a new contract to when we stay up

who would you offer a new contract to

• white

Votes: 76 58.9%
  • hendrie

Votes: 41 31.8%
  • turner

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • coker

Votes: 103 79.8%

• Total voters
Personally think Coker is the only one worth keeping. Bemusing that 3 people have voted to keep Turner.

I'd be tempted to keep Hendrie and push him forward. He's better attacking than defending and puts a great cross in. He's better going forwards than Kightly, but so is a car with just a reverse gear

None of the above. We need to clear the decks and start afresh.
Turner and Hendre not good enough.... White and Coker both injury prone and would want too much money for us in league 2

I doubt it, I think if he parted company with the club he'd end up at either Col U or Orient. He'll want to stay in the area I think and he'll know what he can get as these clubs, I think he'd prefer to stay here and as such we'd only need to pay as much as what he could at the aforementioned clubs.

Coker is a player I have loved in his time here. It seems he's not interested in us as a league 2 club, which is fair enough, but it works both ways and we don't know whether he'll be anything like his old self. Given our injury crisis this season I'd take a very risk averse approach to anyone who has existing injury troubles and those rehabilitating from serious injury where we can. With a heavy heart I'd cut him loose.

Personally think Coker is the only one worth keeping. Bemusing that 3 people have voted to keep Turner.
Needs to be playing tho as we can’t keep throwing money at long term injured players, if he gets a deal it won’t be on great money as he needs to prove he can get to a certain level again.

Nobody will agree but I'd 100% keep Mantom. His confidence is shot to pieces and he's been playing in a midfield whose wingers keep themselves hidden more effectively than Lord Lucan, but he has shown there is something there and definitely his attitude is not suspect unlike some of the others.

Nobody will agree but I'd 100% keep Mantom. His confidence is shot to pieces and he's been playing in a midfield whose wingers keep themselves hidden more effectively than Lord Lucan, but he has shown there is something there and definitely his attitude is not suspect unlike some of the others.
Absolutely definitely keep Mantom. He's a good player.

Out; Oxley,Bexon, Turner,Dieng, Kightly,McLaughlin.

In:the rest of the shower who we love and support!!.

Like your positivity - "when we stay up".

Coker is probably the only one I'd offer a new contract to. White has been a good servant to the club but he'll be 33 in the summer, probably the right time to move him on.

disagree, think he's a far better defender than Demi and as previously pointed out, can play across the back four. Never let our club down IMHO.
White isn't competing against Demetriou any more for a place, we clearly saw 2/3 years ago that White doesn't have the pace or legs to play at full back. He can provide emergency cover but that's it. Demetriou is by far the better all round fullback.

Keeping him in the squad as a back up utility defender would be at the cost of a Kyprianou/Moore type defender, hopefully a young permanent signing with flexibility and upside. This isn't to bash JW, he's stepped up and been a good squad player, but we need to look at the older players in the squad and re-balance it... having older back-up players isn't a good way to manage a squad IMO. Plus he's had a couple of injuries this season so it's even more of a gamble to keep him as back up if he's not going to be fit for a few months each season.

You say that the only reason people don't want to retain him is because he played for Col U? What rubbish.

As much as Hendrie would be the option to keep, I still believe White could do a shift for the club in league 2 if it was to become the case next season. He also knows the league well from his earlier days at RH when he first joined. Think both Coker and Turner aren't realistic options for a number of reasons including finances and injuries sustained over the last few years.

If we are in league 2 would need a full staff shake up. Need tougher players, both physically and mentally. Our striker optons would be fine but midfield and defence would pretty much have to be ripped up and start again.

If we are in league 2 would need a full staff shake up. Need tougher players, both physically and mentally. Our striker optons would be fine but midfield and defence would pretty much have to be ripped up and start again.
Think that would have to happen if we stay in League 1 as well.

We need next generation versions of Mark Bentley, Che Wilson, Carl Pettefer and Wayne Gray.

As much as Hendrie would be the option to keep, I still believe White could do a shift for the club in league 2 if it was to become the case next season. He also knows the league well from his earlier days at RH when he first joined. Think both Coker and Turner aren't realistic options for a number of reasons including finances and injuries sustained over the last few years.

JW puts in a shift regardless.

Back