• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who would you rather have - Taffy or Tap in ?

Who would you rather have - Taffy or Tap in ?

• Fredi - I know all the words to 'Land of my Fathers' -Eastwood

Votes: 14 42.4%
  • - I wasn't sure it was going in - Nugent

Votes: 19 57.6%

• Total voters

CC51DAS

President
Simple one this Ladies and Gentlemen , vote for your preferred talisman , our own enigmatic honorary boyo or Preston's sneaky little **** who nicked Defoe's goal

Well I'll stick with Fred - he 's served us well in the relatively short time he's been with us

I was going to vote Nugent but suddenly felt a pang of acute guilt. Freddy has been a hero and will be a Southend legend and I wouldn't and couldn't ever wish him away.

Glad my little tune ahd that affect, how can wish away someone that has brought us so much success, Freddys form will return maybe not whilst Wearing the Blue shirt of SUFC but wearing a bigger clubs shirt. Freddy is not out of form because he doesn't care far from it..... i believe Freddy out of Form because he cares to much.

Long live our Horse riding Romany legand

problem being we dont create any chances for Eastwood. Most of his goals have been solo efforts. Imagine if the team made 4 or 5 chances per game

Right , I've done the easy bit - now how do I get outta here ??

problem being we dont create any chances for Eastwood. Most of his goals have been solo efforts. Imagine if the team made 4 or 5 chances per game

They'll never listen. :D I'd be surprised, sticking Freddy in with a sight of goal, if many people would back him to miss. Because he's not wrestling 14st defenders off the ball, beating three men and slamming it in the top corner he's lazy.

eastwood has done hardly anything this season

For the record:

2006/07 (club level)
Nugent : 16 goals (14 league)
Eastwood : 16 goals (11 league)

I actually voted Nugent too because he has the physical attributes to be much more versatile than Fred. If Nugent played up top on his own, you could still imagine him scoring whereas the same couldn't be said for Fred. The very fact that Fred can be considered in the same light as a current England international is a credit to him but also an indication of what he can achieve in the game.

To be honest I think this post is an insult to a player who has been instrumental in our success for the last 2 years.
How about some more choices - Darryl Flahavan or Paul Robinson? Or Kevin Maher or Steven Gerrard?

Back