• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Supa Shrimpa

Director⭐
Apparently he'll serve a one match ban on Friday, after his sending off last week. Who would your replacement be ?

White goes to left back with Auger going right back is what I want to see.

Fair shout ! I missed the last home game. How did Thompson get on a Right Back ?

Straker to left back, Timlin wide left mid. Would have thought that's the most obvious of choices.

Auger thoroughly deserves to start but he wont. He wasnt even in the squad on saturday + if Brown calls his team children i very much doubt he would follow this by giving another youth team player his debut, despite the fact he clearly has earnt it.

i'd definitely put Ryan Leonard back in the right back birth where he is best. Although Leonard has done ok i still disagree he is a central midfielder.... whereas he is potentially the best right back in the lower divisions. White to left back where he has played most of his career. IMHO Thompson is not strong enough to play centre back at Div2 but reads a game well + is quick, therefore will protect our back 4 allowing the full backs to rampage forward.

.....................................................BENTLEY..............................................
LEONARD.................PHILLIPS............................PROSSER................WHITE
..................................................THOMPSON...........................................
..........HURST................................TIMLIN........................ATKINSON.........
............................EASTWOOD......................CORR....................................

WOODROW,AUGER,STRAKER,SMITH,PAYNE,CLIFFORD,REID

Auger thoroughly deserves to start but he wont. He wasnt even in the squad on saturday + if Brown calls his team children i very much doubt he would follow this by giving another youth team player his debut, despite the fact he clearly has earnt it.

i'd definitely put Ryan Leonard back in the right back birth where he is best. Although Leonard has done ok i still disagree he is a central midfielder.... whereas he is potentially the best right back in the lower divisions. White to left back where he has played most of his career. IMHO Thompson is not strong enough to play centre back at Div2 but reads a game well + is quick, therefore will protect our back 4 allowing the full backs to rampage forward.

.....................................................BENTLEY..............................................
LEONARD.................PHILLIPS............................PROSSER................WHITE
..................................................THOMPSON...........................................
..........HURST................................TIMLIN........................ATKINSON.........
............................EASTWOOD......................CORR....................................

Whilst I will agree with you about Leonard being probably the best right back in the league he is also the most constructive play-maker we have. His first touch and passing ability, both short and long, is without compare. To weaken our centre mid-field now would be a mistake. Any way why make two positional changes when only one is needed. Straker will go to full-back with Timlin coming in a wide left.

Prosser to LB and Thompson in to CB. Don't mess around with the midfield, they're having enough problems creating chances as it is.

Prosser to LB and Thompson in to CB. Don't mess around with the midfield, they're having enough problems creating chances as it is.

You obviously did not go to the match on Saturday or see the replay on Blues Player. Enough chances created by the mid-field to have won the game three times over but very poor finishing once again.

This is what CP has perdicted on twiiter, god help us with straker at the back again.

That's the spirit!!

If he is back at the back he won't need negativity like that directed his way. That goes for all of them actually. We're in a bit of a slump and we, as fans need to be right behind the team for 90 minutes.

After the last 12 months of abuse i very much doubt that Mr Straker would bother to read anything on here ever again. However he will most certainly hear the verbals he will no doubt be getting from a few numpties at the home of football on friday night. Especially if he plays at left back.

Out of interest when have you seen Leonard at right-back in order to judge that that is his best position?

If Brown names that line-up Friday he deserves to be sacked on the spot.

That's the spirit!!

If he is back at the back he won't need negativity like that directed his way. That goes for all of them actually. We're in a bit of a slump and we, as fans need to be right behind the team for 90 minutes.

Hang on a minute, you dont even know me, so dont start judging. On friday i will be 100% behind whoever wears the shirts, i always do. But the fact is that Straker is not a very good player and the fact that he was moved to Left Midfield by PB suggests that PB doesnt think je is a left back, so therefore, playing him there again would not be the best solution. I would rather Prosser was there personally, but with the threat that Bristol Rovers have in the air, i dont think Thompson will be strong enough. So Prosser and Phillips is prob the best option at centre back, but that only then leaves straker is the option.

Out of interest when have you seen Leonard at right-back in order to judge that that is his best position?

If Brown names that line-up Friday he deserves to be sacked on the spot.

On that basis he should have been sacked after wembley, after choosing Straker and Moshni over Leonard and Lund!

Why not go for 3 at the back and pack the midfield and tell them to push forward to supply the strikers with more chances. We are at home and teams visiting the Hall sit back and hit us on the break. Brown says we have a team of ability so why not attack.
He seems defensive with his tactics and that is passed on to the team. They should go go for it and if we lose a few we will be no worse than we are at the moment and maybe we may even go on a winning run.:smile: We seem to be playing good football but we are not offensive enough in my opinion.

I really don't understand the calls to move White to left back and play Leonard at right back. Whilst Leonard joined us from Plymouth where he had previously been a right back I don't recall him actually playing in that position for us. Under Sturrock he played most of his games in right midfield and Brown has moved him into centre midfield, which incidently I think is his best position.

In order to minimise the disruption I would move Prosser to left back and Thompson to centre back (possibly even Thompson at left back?) or play Straker at left back. My preference would be Prosser at left back.

Back