• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

With this and the Royal Wedding it is a good time to be in the souvenir disposable lighter game

Last edited by a moderator:
Last time I listened to the first album was about 10 years ago having not heard it for a while, and I thought it was aging pretty badly. Not the glorious, crystalline guitar-pop I remembered. I still like Elephant Stone and Sally Cinnamon. The Second Coming was total crap.

Last time I listened to the first album was about 10 years ago having not heard it for a while, and I thought it was aging pretty badly. Not the glorious, crystalline guitar-pop I remembered. I still like Elephant Stone and Sally Cinnamon. The Second Coming was total crap.

Second Coming has a few moments, but obviously not as epic as their eponymous.

Second Coming has a few moments, but obviously not as epic as their eponymous.

I would agree, there's some great tracks on Second Coming ~ Ten Story Love Song & Tightrope, plus on the more rockin side there's Driving South, Begging You, Love Spreads.

Not to sure whether it will happen, getting together at a funeral and chatting doesn't mean a reunion will happen and I'm not sure I'd want it to. Sometimes it's best not to go back. That said I'd defiantely consider going to a show if they did it.

They could of course call a reunion, the Third Coming.

I fantasing about this being amazing, however I went to watch Ian Brown last year and whilst it was a good gig, the crowd were completely insufferable! It'd be like an Oasis gig, especially if it was in Manc!

I would agree, there's some great tracks on Second Coming ~ Ten Story Love Song & Tightrope, plus on the more rockin side there's Driving South, Begging You, Love Spreads.

Not to sure whether it will happen, getting together at a funeral and chatting doesn't mean a reunion will happen and I'm not sure I'd want it to. Sometimes it's best not to go back. That said I'd defiantely consider going to a show if they did it.

They could of course call a reunion, the Third Coming.

Kyuss are touring after splitting up 15 years ago (without Josh Homme though), I saw them in London last weekend and oh my god it ****ing rocked!!

Hey Chaps!

Anyway, why are people so bothered if a bunch of 50 somethings reunite to play music that was good 20 years ago?

What about Leo Sayer? Demis Roussos? King Crimson? Eh?

Tell me.. Where the **** is Joe Jackson? Where have the ****ing Lotus Eaters been for the last 25 years?
And what about Huey Lewis and his News? I don't hear anyone gagging to see them reform, why not, eh? They were ****ING AWESOME.
Personally I can't wait for Jimi Hendrix or Big Star to get their act together and start gigging.

And let's not forget the criminally under-rated Pilot too, Tarkers. I'd love to see them on a triple bill with Sailor and The Arrows. :cool:

Mani has said its rubbish. You can add them to the list of reunions that will never happen (The Smiths, Guns n Roses, The Beatles).

I have vague recollections that one of Ian Browns managers was a Shrimper.

He was a relation of the Stalwart of the old Yahoo list Hugh Cumberlands (Nephew I think)

Back