• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

I understand an appointment was close yesterday but for whatever reason there was a last-minute hitch. Which means it'll probably be a few more days before we hear anything

If the RM& the Board have any dreams of being a more successful club, consolidated in the Championship they’ve got to stop acting like amateurs. We’re looking like a tinpot, wannabe club.

If the RM& the Board have any dreams of being a more successful club, consolidated in the Championship they’ve got to stop acting like amateurs. We’re looking like a tinpot, wannabe club.

Which to be fair, is exactly what we are

Which to be fair, is exactly what we are
I Think my post of 2.16am.this.morning may have some.legs nearing in mind Ron's recent statement.
That is.Consortium in investment with Larsson as Director of Football and Our own Adam Barratt as 1st team coach
No wonder.Ron is getting excited and should.please.majority of fans.

It seems to me that the Thursday press conference is so far in advance as this will announce more than just the manager as if it was just the manager and things were that close to being confirmed the press conference would be at the start of the week.

It seems to me that the Thursday press conference is so far in advance as this will announce more than just the manager as if it was just the manager and things were that close to being confirmed the press conference would be at the start of the week.

... but why wait to announce the manager? There must be more to it, has to be some relationship between managerial appointment and whatever else is going on. With all that in mind, I can’t see passed it being HL as manager and the Swedish/Dutch consortium as investors.

Anyone know if Larsson or Campbell have had any new twitter/Facebook/Instagram followers from any of the players??

No idea who I'm afraid, unfortunately it seems everyone is in the dark. I have a source at the Echo (newsdesk, not CP although I know Chris well too) as I used to work there, and they were all expecting something yesterday but it all fell down.

All conjecture from there, but I would imagine it will take a few more days to either iron out whatever went wrong with their main choice, or to sort things out with another candidate.
It’s like going for a job and having second thoughts by candidate, very easy really

And all this delay in appointing a new manager is more than likely putting more pressure on the players, it’s not helping at all, how long does this take, hopefully it will be announced before tomorrow’s game.
If you believe the player power theory , then they have brought it upon them selves

Rumours, speculation & ' I've heard' etc, makes the week go by quicker?.
IF Campbell has had 2nd thoughts, his choice. Because he saved Maccs from being relegated, still needs more experience at lower level clubs imo, before Championship clubs would consider him?.
Fail to understand why Larsson would want to take 'the poisoned chalice'?. Must be financially set up for life, so doubt he'd want us for a stepping stone before hopefully (?) going on to better things?.
Adam Barrett's name obviously mentioned because of his connection to us, somewhere in the future IF he wants to be a Manager, then got to start somewhere, so why not us, where he knows the fans will be 100% behind him ( to start with, results depending over the forthcoming months?).
Some comments today have expressed surprise that Sunderland have targeted Ainsworth at Wycombe, probably because a club of their stature would go for a 'bigger name'.
I think they have got it right, in this League you need a guy who knows all about it, never mind the 'wine & honey' this is the 'beer & pie' standard of football.

Well it won’t be Gareth Southgate as england are playing nearly as bad as southend tonight:Hilarious:

Anyone checked the odds on Rod Stewart being appointed the new manager? He already has links....... We are Southend.......,,,

Just a side note.

I am in box today. And Owen Coyle is in the next box with Ron.

He seems to think he can turn it around.

Henrik Larrson manager , Dirk Kuyt assistant manager , come thursday or before

Whoever it is that's coming in, they must surely have either been in attendance to witness or have watched extensive footage of past games to know just exactly what they're letting themselves in for. Does that then in turn mean they have the skill and wherewithal to turn the current crop of players around or could it be a case that they know come January, there'll be a (where possible) mass clear-out ?

I expect Millwall to announce their manager Monday or Tuesday, allowing us to speak to officially AB again, Kavanagh, will have kept Ron in the loop.

Only a guess I must add, although a Press conference on Thursday may unveil more revelations if all this takeover talk has any legs , rather than being a load of people putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with 22

Whoever it is that's coming in, they must surely have either been in attendance to witness or have watched extensive footage of past games to know just exactly what they're letting themselves in for. Does that then in turn mean they have the skill and wherewithal to turn the current crop of players around or could it be a case that they know come January, there'll be a (where possible) mass clear-out ?
If it’s Barratt the builders they might not have any interest about football.

Back