• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

I suspect it will end in tears too, I can't think of a single southend manager where it hasn't for some reason or another.
I think he is best placed of the candidates to bring us some joy before it does end in tears though.

Best case scenario. He comes in, stabilizes us and adds in January. He has next season to have a proper crack. This goes well and he gets poached.

Worst case scenario. He has no impact and it quickly becomes apparent that he has not had the impact we had hoped for and we end up with yet another pay off.

Best case scenario. He comes in, stabilizes us and adds in January. He has next season to have a proper crack. This goes well and he gets poached.

Worst case scenario. He has no impact and it quickly becomes apparent that he has not had the impact we had hoped for and we end up with yet another pay off.

Yep the 1st scenario will be exactly Sol's plan I'd imagine.

The 2nd scenario is quite possible too, it is a big task for whoever comes in.

If this is true I will be really happy, was the person I wanted purely on the fact he’s played at the highest level and will command respect and more importantly he kept a near certain relegation bound team up with the team playing for free.

If this is true I will be really happy, was the person I wanted purely on the fact he’s played at the highest level and will command respect and more importantly he kept a near certain relegation bound team up with the team playing for free.

I think this is the biggest factor with this bunch to be honest

Question is, if an appointment is made today would they take charge for the game on Saturday?

Question is, if an appointment is made today would they take charge for the game on Saturday?

If i was the new manager i would want to, possibly the easiest game in theory we will get this season, plus at home.

I'd rather that than my first game being Tranmere away on a friday night

Would be quite happy to give Sol a chance. I'm sorry to say it but for some of you on here, who the hell do you think we are? Campbell has proved himself in a similar situation. with our finances and present position, who exactly better could we hope for? Never really bought into the Barratt, Barratt/Tilson option (if it actually existed). Whilst it had the dream aspect to it (Southend hero returns to save his beloved club from relegation), the big risk was that, it wouldn't have worked, thus deeply upsetting not only us supporters but Adam himself.

Wouldnt be too sure of that, if it was Barrett i'd agree.

Brown/Powell/Bond and probably Waddock/Todorov will have had some pay up of some if not all of their outstanding contract. Can Ron afford yet another pay-off if come March 2020 we're staring down the barrel of relegation.

Also Powell didn't get any special treatment because he was an ex-player, why should AB get special treatment?

Brown/Powell/Bond and probably Waddock/Todorov will have had some pay up of some if not all of their outstanding contract. Can Ron afford yet another pay-off if come March 2020 we're staring down the barrel of relegation.

Also Powell didn't get any special treatment because he was an ex-player, why should AB get special treatment?

I dont mean as in sacking, i mean in the sense that when or if we are relegated Barrett is far less likely to jump ship or walk, than in my opinion someone like Campbell or Larsson would. Especially if it gets even more toxic down at the hall.

Personal opinion, i feel like AB would have no second thoughts about sticking around and rebuilding

I suspect it will end in tears too, I can't think of a single southend manager where it hasn't for some reason or another.

Ted Birnie and David Jack would disagree no doubt as I hope would David Webb
(also, Alan Little should have been given longer IMO, and Steve Thompson should have ben given a contract!)

If i was the new manager i would want to, possibly the easiest game in theory we will get this season, plus at home.

I'd rather that than my first game being Tranmere away on a friday night

The Tranmere game will be the first of 3 that I'll be attending during my holiday. It could be a great holiday or a really good one or a really miserable one.

Back