• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who's it going to be?

The Tranmere game will be the first of 3 that I'll be attending during my holiday. It could be a great holiday or a really good one or a really miserable one.

Ah but when you live in Prague, every day is a holiday :;

Thought he would be the best man since before bond went and will be very glad to see him announced if this is nailed on. Nothing would surprise me though at this point so I shall live in hope that Sol is announced today whilst expecting Another four candidates to be chucked into the mix

Aside from the fact that I don't like the guys politics and the fact that he puts it out there, I can't see him and Ron not clashing. Hope that I am wrong.

What's his politics got to do with it? So what if he puts it out there, he would only be in a position to do that if we were in a good position!!

It makes me laugh we complain about managers wanting to better themselves, yet praise players for doing the same!!!

In our current state we are always going to be a stepping stone for every player and manager we sign.

Why did Campbell part company with Macclesfield , was it over money or ambition , or both ?

If its either of the above Ron will have to pull out all the stops to keep him onboard for a few years , any hint of a lack of ambition, lack of transfer funds or staff not being paid i reckon he'd be on his bike ....IMO of course

Ted Birnie and David Jack would disagree no doubt as I hope would David Webb
(also, Alan Little should have been given longer IMO, and Steve Thompson should have ben given a contract!)
TB & DJ before my time
DW not sure why he would have resigned if everything was rosey but too young to know the ins and outs

AL & ST you have given reasons yourself why they didn't end well

Why did Campbell part company with Macclesfield , was it over money or ambition , or both ?

If its either of the above Ron will have to pull out all the stops to keep him onboard for a few years , any hint of a lack of ambition, lack of transfer funds or staff not being paid i reckon he'd be on his bike ....IMO of course

This is exactly my thinking and why i don't think its the best appointment. For years we have always had financial issues, Ron always digs us out of it but it does consistently happen. I just hope if it is Sol then he doesn't jump at the first opportunity if that does happe.

This is exactly my thinking and why i don't think its the best appointment. For years we have always had financial issues, Ron always digs us out of it but it does consistently happen. I just hope if it is Sol then he doesn't jump at the first opportunity if that does happe.

Yes we have some concerns, yes the players have been paid a few days late here and there recently, but they HAVE been paid and the biggest sponsorship deal in the club’s history will help that. Macclesfield’s financial woes are a completely different kettle of fish.

TB & DJ before my time
DW not sure why he would have resigned if everything was rosey but too young to know the ins and outs

AL & ST you have given reasons yourself why they didn't end well

David Webb kept coming back though....

AL/ST didnt end well but for no fault really from either side, IMO. AL was unlucky, RM wanted his own man. ST was great, but wanted to move for personal reasons.

Looking at the finances page on here it seems that a lot of debt has been paid off/satisfied. Could this be the reason for the delay as a part/full sale and new management all be announced at the same time?

Back